Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Import image, then save ????

l'AMI Yves
Thanks to Rallaz, my job of transforming boat plans copies into LibreCAD drawings advances well. But all at once I'm facing a new problem (bug ?) : on one layer, I imported some images, I worked on them to reproduce plan on other layers. Then I saved and went out. Some days later, I came back, imported another image on the same layer, move and scaled it for it to be well placed against others, then worked a little, saved and went out. When I come back, the new image has not been saved ! I did that several times : never saved !

What did I forgot ?

Thanks again.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Import image, then save ????

Rallaz
l'AMI Yves wrote
What did I forgot ?
None.

A possible "path" problem.

In dxf images are linked not embedded.
if you dont mind send me the dxf I can look to find out what the problem is
You can found my email in the start of this file:
https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/blob/master/libraries/libdxfrw/src/dxfwriter.h
Reply | Threaded
|

Rallaz
I think I found the problem, seems a bug saving images in dxf fle.

Your dxf have linked 4 images:
dessus2.jpg, cote1.jpg, couples.jpg and Emm?nagements 10m c?t?.jpg

As you can see the last image has illegal characters.

I will look for the problem and try to solve it, meanwhile you can solve it renaming the jpg file
from "Déménagements 10 m côtè" to "Demenagements 10 m cote".

Tip: if you do not want to re-insert and scale the image edit dxf file with a text editor
and modify "Emm?nagements 10m c?t?.jpg" whit the new name, lines #25752 & #25788

DXf starting with # are automatic backups to not lose all the work if LC crashes
Reply | Threaded
|

l'AMI Yves
Thank you very much, Rallaz. Must have been a hard job to scan more than 25000 lines of code...

US developpers never think those peculiar foreigners use their peculiar accentuated vowels even when naming their files, and foreigners users never think US developpers never think... In fact I never thought some day the name of my file will be submitted to the productions of an US developper (maybe I never think !).

I will rename my file, then manually edit my dxf. You mentioned two lines to be modified : is it normal for one image to be referred to in 2 places, or are there 2 references because I tried several times (in fact very more than two) to save my image ?

Thanks again.
Reply | Threaded
|

l'AMI Yves
It works perfectly.

Thanks again.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rallaz
This post was updated on .
I am the developer & mantainer of dxf part, so I know where to look, in images 40-50 lines.
These problems are the legacy of the 16K memory times, ascii codepages, ms-dos, windows codepages...
Since current times in dxf version 2007 and UTF8 to make worldwide happy.
I am spanish and use accents and "ñ".
In  a dxf file a image have a name and path. In others programs the user can modify the name, in LC
the name is the image name without path.

I patched the code and create a new windows package, this have at least 10 bugs solved, including
image name.
Remember, only uncompress and use:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/rallaz.u/files/librecad-win/librecad2.0.0beta1-git2013-04-16.7z/download