classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Installing latest release of LC on Debian stable

Scribbler
Hello,

I am running the stable release of Debian GNU/Linux (codenamed "Wheezy"). This comes with Librecad 1.0.2.

I am interested in installing the very latest release of Librecad for evaluation purposes.

Does anyone know whether I have to build this version from the sources available on GitHub, or is it available as packages on one or another of the Debian repositories such as "unstable" or "experimental". Or, yet again, is there a backport for Wheezy of the latest version of Librecad.

I would be very pleased if someone could point me in the right direction...

Dig.

asv
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Installing latest release of LC on Debian stable

asv
I am building from git source.
Install some development library's and:

qmake librecad.pro
  make -j

I do not 'make install' it, just run as unix/librecad
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Installing latest release of LC on Debian stable

dxli
In reply to this post by Scribbler
on debian Wheezy, you may want to try gcc-4.7

do something like:

sudo apt-get build-dep librecad
sudo apt-get install gcc-4.7

switch to gcc-4.7, lektiondestages.blogspot.ca/2013/05/installing-and-switching-gccg-versions.html

qmake -r librecad.pro  # in librecad source folder
make

If you get a compiling error with gcc-4.7, we will see whether we can maintain 4.7 compatibility.

Scribbler wrote
Hello,

I am running the stable release of Debian GNU/Linux (codenamed "Wheezy"). This comes with Librecad 1.0.2.

I am interested in installing the very latest release of Librecad for evaluation purposes.

Does anyone know whether I have to build this version from the sources available on GitHub, or is it available as packages on one or another of the Debian repositories such as "unstable" or "experimental". Or, yet again, is there a backport for Wheezy of the latest version of Librecad.

I would be very pleased if someone could point me in the right direction...

Dig.