classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

LC3 Revolution

Nicu Tofan
:) That's a nifty title...

I'm quit interested in this application and I'm willing to put effort in improving it. I've already done some "teasing" work to integrate Qt5 and the pull request is available for review.

I was looking into implementing paper space/model space and asked the empty IRC chanel about previous work when I came across articles like this one[1]. DWG support is pretty important for me because they are a "de facto" standard for the people that I work with (architects, land surveyors, inspectors).

So, here are my thoughts: what about a mind game? Let's set up a space (wiki, something) where we can talk about rewriting the code getting rid of the QCad inheritance while using ideas both from it and autocad. I'm talking about an extended blue-print that we can then use to write code fast. The code base is not that large, all the developers inhere already are well familiarized with the concepts, ... The code that was rewritten and is not under QCad's licence may be reused. A plus: adopting a new licence or a dual license system would allow the use of LibreDWG library.

I have to say that I had a couple of previous attempts to create a free CAD project ([2] is the latest incarnation) but I just don't have the time to do it by myself.

What are your thoughts?

[1] - http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTI4Mjc
[2] - http://code.google.com/p/cad-play-ground/
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: LC3 Revolution

hsrai
Nicu Tofan wrote
I was looking into implementing paper space/model space and asked the empty IRC chanel about previous work when I came across articles like this one[1]. DWG support is pretty important for me because they are a "de facto" standard for the people that I work with (architects, land surveyors, inspectors).
Great!!!

--
H.S.Rai
--
H.S.Rai
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: LC3 Revolution

Nicu Tofan
Thanks for support, H.S.Rai! :)

The title is too strong, isn't it? :)