Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

More serious tutorial

claus82
Hi guys, if you have seen my tutorial you may find it "too funny"... but honestly I hate read tutorials/manuals.
I was wondering if you would welcom if I modify in a more serious format (I mean, clear all the smiles, more formal impostation etcetera). What do you think?
Best regards to all.
Cla
...the problem is not the problem, the problem is your aptitude about the problem...
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: More serious tutorial

cranky
claus82 wrote
I was wondering if you would welcom if I modify in a more serious format (I mean, clear all the smiles, more formal impostation etcetera). What do you think?
Hello claus, in my opinion I think you should just continue as you are. The readers will take what they need from a tutorial whether its funny or serious.
The important thing is that you enjoy yourself writing them. I have written many tutorials/documentation over the years and its a hard balance to know if you need to write something in a formal or informal way. My advice would be to keep any small tutorials short and lighthearted as you have done and if you need to write something to be more of a reference to reach a wide spread audience then maybe make it a bit more formal.

Sometimes if you are not sure get someone to proofread it first and give you feedback and direction.

Your recent 'Create own hatch' style...http://librecad.org/cms/home/get-help/forum.html will be useful to many people I'm sure. If you enjoy doing these tutorials then I would encourage to continue, by doing this you will develop your own unique style and you will learn how to 'pitch' them - formal or informal.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: More serious tutorial

Jim Thompson
In reply to this post by claus82
Where do I find you tutorial Claus?