Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New User

arquisa
What's up my friends, My name is Arturo, I'm from Mexico and I'm an Architect, I've used Librecad very little but I think it's a software with great potential, regards
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New User

arquisa
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|

flywire
Very nice. Why did you choose LibreCad? Could you explain how you drew that house plan and what Symbol Library you used?
Reply | Threaded
|

arquisa

I started using it out of curiosity, and I started to challenge myself to know if it was possible to make a plan with the same presentation and quality of commercial software, and I was surprised that if possible, it takes a little more time, the blocks of I had furniture and symbols in dwg format, and I imported them in Librecad, but the dimensions, lines of walls, floors, etc., I made them in Librecad.
Reply | Threaded
|

arquisa

It should be noted that I also use other open source softwares, such as Gimp, Inkscape, Krita and a bit of blender, and I wanted to learn librecad and it is good, I would only add some functions such as info write down areas selecting a polygon and better support for truetype letters
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Yes, real support for truetype fonts would be very useful for better plan graphics.
When you do hatching on a polygon the area is indicated in the command line. You can copy and paste that into a text, as a workaround. Not as comfortable of course.
I would also like to have transparent fills (instead of hatching), to be able to place shadows even onto colored facades.
There are many features to be improved or added in LC, but it needs someone (able) to do it. Unfortunately I'm not a coder, so I can't do anything about it.

Such nice samples of what can be done in LibreCAD, like your drawing, should be presented more often here, maybe in an extra samples area. Do you have nice side views in similar style to show?
Reply | Threaded
|

arquisa
CONTENTS DELETED
Reply | Threaded
|

arquisa
CONTENTS DELETED
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Thank you.
Now please some shadows on the Fachada Este to make it more three-dimensional, and to correspond with the grey of the wall fills in the floor plan.
Is it the use in Mexico to use arrows in the dimensions and not architectural ticks? I like to see how the standards are in other countries. I'm from Germany. As LibreCAD is international it's good to have a look beyond the border.