8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Noobie Questions -- Round Corners etc

sswcharlie
Hi

New as from just now.

The download came off Linux Mint package about 5 years old.  Should I get latest version and from where?

Drawing a wall with windows, very basic.

Have wall rectangle done and first window showing. Cannot seem to get the right combination to select the whole window (window only) on the wall.

How do I make 'round'corners on the window, one by one or all corners at same time ?

How to copy the rectangle window in wall with round corners, and place further copies in the wall rectangle.

Have just downloaded this manual but not finding what I want.        LibreCAD_Users_Manual_2.1.3.pdf

Thanks
CharlieHarris
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Noobie Questions -- Round Corners etc

sswcharlie
BTW    I am using a laptop no mouse.  Would this be a problem in selecting, copy etc ?
Thanks
Charlie
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
In reply to this post by sswcharlie
Definitely use the latest official version, 2.1.3. Maybe you have to upgrade your Linux Mint to have it in the repository. Or even better, get the development version 2.2 rc, it's stable. But I think you will have to compile it yourself, can't help you with that.

You can select the window only by just pulling up a window around it. Yes, I strongly recommend to use a mouse for CAD.
Alternatively use "Select" - "Select Window".
You might also draw the windows on an extra layer and lock the wall layer.

Use "Modify" - "Fillet" to round corners, one by one. Set the radius at the Tools Options Bar above the drawing area. It's contents vary according to the active command.

To copy the window use "Modify" - "Move / Copy".

Experiment with the snap settings, always have "Free snap" on, often better "Snap on Entity" off, as with it on "Snap on Middle" won't work.

When drawing a rectangle with the "Rectangle" command, it becomes a single entity, and some editing commands won't work on it. You will have to "Explode" it then.

Reply | Threaded
|

sswcharlie
Thanks dellus

I will follow all those hints up.  Might upgrade as you suggest.  Including Linux Mint

Charlie
Reply | Threaded
|

sswcharlie
Hi

Have removed old version.    Looking at this page     https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/releases

Should/do I    download       2.2.0   Release candidate   Source Code (tar.gz)

or

download    2.1.3    Patch Version   Source Code (tar.gz)    I am not sure what the  .dmg file is.

I will later at changing Linux Mint

Thankyou for your patience

Charlie
New Zealand
75 yrs and still learning
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
These source code files can't simply be installed. You have to compile them yourself. That's something for experienced linuxers. I can't do it. If you have the knowledge, or a Linux crack available to assist or do it, you can try. Otherwise better first install the latest Mint and look what it has in it's repo. For Linux 2.1.2 is O.K.
Or search the net for a .deb file. You will need two files, the main librecad-xx.deb, and the librecad-xx-data.deb. And a bunch of dependencies, mainly qt5 files, if not already on your system.
If you have Wine installed, you might use the Windows version. Easiest the portable 2.1.3 from portableapps.com. Works well.
If you are able to get 2.2.0 Release candidate installed, then skip 2.1.3.
The .dmg file is for Mac, I think.

Reply | Threaded
|

sswcharlie
Hi

Might try the Wine/Windows version.

Thanks

Charlie
Reply | Threaded
|

sswcharlie
New version working great on my laptop.  No mouse.   Thanks everyone.  See my new question re  importing .jpg line drawing.