Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Print Scale

Skunix
I am trying to print my drawing but when I do it comes out way to big.

The unit is in cm and in print preview I set the scale to 1:1 ratio.

No matter what I do it takes up the entire page when it's only supposed to be 5 cm across.

If this is a bug could someone recommend a program I could use to print this to the correct scale.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Print Scale

joseph_oc

I am new to LibreCAD also, however, I understand that LibreCAD uses a DXF database format.  If this is true, any program that prints out or imports DXF files, should be of help to you.

That is my best advise.

Sincerely,
Joe O'Connor
Reply | Threaded
|

joseph_oc

I checked out OpenOffice Draw, and it will read DXF Files - this could be a solution - also LibreOffice Draw should do the same.

Joe O'Connor
Reply | Threaded
|

Michael Hayes
In reply to this post by Skunix
Some things you can try to solve this problem:-

1. There are two places where drawing units can be set. From the menu these are either Edit/Application Preferences or Edit/Current Drawing Preferences. Make sure that Current Drawing Preferences is set to centimetres.

2. In order to set the print scale in Print Priview mode you have to untick the fixed check box but it must be reticked before you close Print Preview. Otherwise as soon as you change the view in Drawing mode (for example if you Auto Zoom) the print scale will change to reflect that zoom.

3. The advanced settings for some printers have a scaling option. This should normally always be set to the default 100% but it could have accidentally been changed on your system. To access this setting choose File/Print from the menu and then in the dialog box click the Preferences button. A second dialog box will appear and depending on what model of printer you have there will be either an Advanced button or an Advanced tab. Clicking on that will take you to a third dialog box where you can reset the scaling option to 100% if your model of printer supports that feature.

I am guessing that you have already tried no 1 and no 3 is a long shot. The most likely solution is no 2.