Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problem With Loaded Files

Weldo
Hey guys!  I'm new here and new to LibreCAD.  I'm slowly learning more and more about CAD in general and LibreCAD is a great tool!

I'm having a problem with loaded files.  I've made a drawing or two and they can be reloaded without issue but some of my drawings reload in a very peculiar way.

Here's an exported png of the drawing I'm trying to load.  

When I try to load it as a dxf in LibreCAD it comes out like this...

The drawing was made and saved in the same way as previous drawings.  Did I miss a step here?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Problem With Loaded Files

dellus
It's hard to say just from the look on the results what's wrong. The second image, the screenshot, probably shows how the drawing really is like, with too fat lines. Maybe you have had Draft mode on, which shows only thin lines regardless of how they are really set.
How was the first image made? By Export to Image, as png? This always gives thin lines only. But there are different thicknesses for the circles and the numbers in your image.
Best provide a sample file here. (More v - Upload a file)
Reply | Threaded
|

Weldo
Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm not sure about the "draft mode" being on or off.  I'm honestly not aware of that setting yet.  When I started this drawing I'm pretty sure I set the line thickness to 0.13mm for each layer.  I've made other drawings that seem to save and reload without issue.

I've included the troublesome file here:

smartrig_dial_final.dxf

The following one I was able to save and reload without any problems:

tape_dispenser_practice.dxf
Reply | Threaded
|

fa201
On the first file, there is not issue !
The size of the dial is 1 mm and the thickness of line is around 0.1 mm so 10% of the global size of drawing. If you change the width of line to 0 mm then the drawing is showed as you intend. Note: this has to be done on the 3 layers used.
Fabrice

French hobbyist interested in 2D design.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
In reply to this post by Weldo
As  fa201 has already noted, the object is very small. I doubt you really wanted to draw a dial of 1mm diameter, so maybe it's an issue of chosen units. You have units set to None, maybe that's a mistake. Or have you imported elements or the whole drawing from somewhere else? Or accidentally scaled it down?
To fix it, scale the drawing up or set a different unit. You may keep your line weights then.
 Also conspicuous, General Scale for dimensions is set at 2.5, which means the drawing is intended to be printed at scale 1/2.5, smaller than true size, with such tiny objects?
Reply | Threaded
|

Weldo
Awesome!  You guys are right!  I opened up the drawing and adjusted the current drawing preferences and it then displayed properly.  Thanks for the help!

Do I have to set the "Current Drawing Preferences" for every new drawing?  I usually work in inches and usually I'm drawing small parts so I like the scale to be 1.

Thanks again guys!  I'm very new to computer drawing but I can already see how useful it is!
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
In Options - Application Preferences - Defaults you can set the units to be applied to new drawings. You have to close and restart LibreCAD to make it valid. To have also paper size and other settings changed for new drawings you have to make your own empty template drawing with your settings and set that as template in Options - Application Preferences - Paths. Or have it saved anywhere and just open it, you can provide yourself several different versions then.
Reply | Threaded
|

Weldo
Thanks!  That will save some time for me when I start a new drawing.

I've noticed when I look up my saved files in my computer's OS there are two files saved for every drawing.  One is a DXF file and one is DXF~

What's the difference between the two files?
Reply | Threaded
|

flywire
LibreCad Forum wrote
Many questions are already asked meanwhile, so please use the forum search...
https://forum.librecad.org/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=search_page&node=4499512&query=dxf%7E

Probably should be a FAQ: Found 1313 matching posts for dxf~