classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problem with printing imported images

Skulatron
Hello dear Forum Members,
over the last few weeks i have been drawing plans for my company's building, including all modules and detectors for the fire alarm system. I drew the symbols for the modules myself in LibreCad and encountered no problem whatsoever while printing. However i started drawing the evacuation plan, and for the sake of clearness i downloaded and used standarised plan symbols for callpoints, fire extinguishers and emergency exits. I imported these as images into LibreCad and then drew an Exit Path as Hatch filled in green color. Due to Space restrictions in narrow corridors at some places the hatched path intersects with some of the symbols. I would like to have the symbols on top of the path but LibreCad either puts the path on top of the symbols or outright doesnt print the symbols at all even though the print preview shows them. I tried to use draw order but this doesnt seem to work much on imported images, even after reading the instructions on this forum.
The second problem i have is that LibreCad doesnt seem to let me print in color even after deselecting grayscale in the print preview toolbar. Exporting to pdf helps with that, but the first problem remains that intersecting images are not visible in the exported file.

Is there anything i can do about this, does anyone have any advice please ?
Thank you in advance
Laurent

P.S.: Here is a link to the file : https://drive.google.com/file/d/12--ImHkUzGD1YJgozMQrL7sg7iSGlJ6w/view?usp=sharing
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Problem with printing imported images

dellus
You have to provide the image files alongside with the dxf, they are not embedded. At least one, one that intersects with the exit path, as an example.
Not being able to push the symbol image to the top might lye in the procedure of the order command. After selecting the objects to be ordered, press Enter and then do an Escape twice.
Not being able to print in color could be a matter of the printer's settings, as in exporting to pdf it works.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Skulatron
Thanks for the reply. Didnt get to try today. Ill try next week and provide the other files too.
Reply | Threaded
|

Skulatron
Thanks. Figured it out after your discription :)