Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problems with Modify commands

pcorbeil
Hi, I am new to LibreCAD, I learn as I go drawing my new kitchen and my new patio. I am familiar with Autocad but this looks more like a nuisance than an asset...

First question: can we modify many elements at the same time ? I found out that I can move (using Move/Copy) many concentric circles at the same time, but this does not work for anything else, I am limited to work on one single object.

In the Move/Copy command, I did not find any way of specifying "Move" or "Copy". All it does is move. What am I missing ?

In the Command line window, how can I enter for instance the command "Draw-Line-Parallel" ?

If i want to draw a line passing through the center of a circle or arc, how do I find that center ?

Compaint: I find it annoying and useless to have to change the focus to the command line window every time I want to enter a parameter with the keyboard. This should be automatic.

Enough for now.

Pierre
Pierre
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Problems with Modify commands

dxli
for "move/copy" and many other "Modify" features, you can select more than one entity before "Continue"(or keyboard Enter)

For the Command line focus issue, we are aware of it, but no good solution found yet. When we tried to keep cli in focus for all keyboard events. Keyboard Enter/Esc events during drawing/modifying are ignored in some cases, and we had to revert that particular commit. I think we just need more development time on this important feature.

pcorbeil wrote
Hi, I am new to LibreCAD, I learn as I go drawing my new kitchen and my new patio. I am familiar with Autocad but this looks more like a nuisance than an asset...

First question: can we modify many elements at the same time ? I found out that I can move (using Move/Copy) many concentric circles at the same time, but this does not work for anything else, I am limited to work on one single object.

In the Move/Copy command, I did not find any way of specifying "Move" or "Copy". All it does is move. What am I missing ?

In the Command line window, how can I enter for instance the command "Draw-Line-Parallel" ?

If i want to draw a line passing through the center of a circle or arc, how do I find that center ?

Compaint: I find it annoying and useless to have to change the focus to the command line window every time I want to enter a parameter with the keyboard. This should be automatic.

Enough for now.

Pierre
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Problems with Modify commands

pcorbeil
This post was updated on .
Maybe I am pretentious but you could try this (if not already tested):

Make the cli window a part of the drawing window, so that all events in that window are treated by the same event handler function. Then keyboard events that are mishandled presently could be handled according to the context, and you won't have to worry about window focus issues.

Or create a new, invisible window that contains two sub-windows: the drawing area and the cli window. That invisible window needs an event handler that just sends keyboard and mouse events to the appropriate sub-window. Again you don't need to care about focus issues.

My current platform is Windows 7 Pro and I have not a clue if this can be applied to the Apple and Linux versions.

Pierre

Ps - I did register myself on the LibreCAD wiki Community Portal

From: dxli [via LibreCAD] [mailto:ml-node+s1049103n5711071h84@n5.nabble.com]
Sent: 11 février 2015 10:11
To: Pierre Corbeil
Subject: Re: Problems with Modify commands

For the Command line focus issue, we are aware of it, but no good solution found yet. When we tried to keep cli in focus for all keyboard events. Keyboard Enter/Esc events during drawing/modifying are ignored in some cases, and we had to revert that particular commit. I think we just need more development time on this important feature.
Pierre
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
One way, we tried and failed,

https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/commit/f0a207e4678ec72a5d0ca16d62d17dcf6f53da91

The idea is straight forward:

all drawing area keyboard events sent to command line, except those caught by a filter;

pcorbeil wrote
Maybe I am pretentious but you could try this (if not already tested):

Make the cli window a part of the drawing window, so that all events in that window are treated by the same event handler function. Then keyboard events that are mishandled presently could be handled according to the context, and you won't have to worry about window focus issues.

Or create a new, invisible window that contains two sub-windows: the drawing area and the cli window. That invisible window needs an event handler that just sends keyboard and mouse events to the appropriate sub-window. Again you don't need to care about focus issues.

My current platform is Windows 7 Pro and I have not a clue if this can be applied to the Apple and Linux versions.

Pierre

Ps - I did register myself on the LibreCAD wiki Community Portal

From: dxli [via LibreCAD] [mailto:ml-node+s1049103n5711071h84@n5.nabble.com]
Sent: 11 février 2015 10:11
To: Pierre Corbeil
Subject: Re: Problems with Modify commands

Reply | Threaded
|

hordagoga78
i think, the only one way is to put your data (points or lines or whatever) on separetely layer. that allows us to modify all properties at the same time...

still learnig LC. it is easy software but some ideas should be transfered (rules) from AC...
easy...