Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Selecting Entities

Dale
Hello Librecad fans.  I am trying to use version 2.2.0 and am having great difficulties selecting entities with the mouse.  In fact I cannot select at all in just about any command.  I am using a wireless Logtech mouse on a Dell Laptop.  Years ago I was trained on AutoCAD and know something is drastically wrong with how this software functions.  I also tried an earlier version (2.1.3) and it acts the same way.

I have viewed countless videos watching the command line to find a clue what I may be doing wrong.  Does anybody have any ideas.  I sure hope it isn't something real simple.

I thank you kindly for any help.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Selecting Entities

Benson0

Is this the same issue?
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
In reply to this post by Dale
There is nothing drastically wrong with how LibreCAD functions. It just is not an exact replica of AutoCAD.
I like it has it's own traits.
What exactly happens when when you click on an entity? Nothing? Maybe layers locked? Files from different source? Experiment with command first, then select entity and vice versa. Often you have to close a (multiple) selection with enter.
Reply | Threaded
|

perepujal
I didn't know that locking the layers would avoid selection of items in them, I always assumed locking was to avoid drawing in the locked layers and never used that feature, lol

A nice video showing how mouse works in Librecad
https://forum.librecad.org/Tutorial-LibreCAD-Beginner-Level-tp5719572p5720676.html
Reply | Threaded
|

jpiatt@vt.edu
In reply to this post by dellus
I am also having this problem.  See the video below:
https://youtu.be/QN262MaHKzA
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
From watching your videos I can't recognize a reason. If you provide a sample file here, which doesn't behave properly for you, I can play with it and have a look.
Weird the mousepointer is a bit off in the video but in fact is on the line on the screen, as you say. Maybe some issue with your video/mousedriver?