Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Short cuts

Ferdi
May it be possible to redefine short cuts?

* ctrl shft Z -> ctrl Y
Most programs use ctrl Z (undo) like Librecad but ctrl Y for redo (Librecad: ctlr shift Z)

* ctrl K -> ctrl shft A
Gimp expects ctrl shift A for unselect, Librecad ctrl K.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Short cuts

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Ferdi,

changing the short cuts in the source code is possible of course, but this may upset user who are already familiar with the current ones.

I think, what we would need first, are configurable short cuts. Then we can think about changing the defaults. That gives every user the choice to change to new standard short cuts or change them back or completely different for personal  preference.

Can't expect for the moment how much work this would be and when it could be implemented.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

maurov
I think Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Crtl+Z and Crtl+Y are almost universal. Nothing too hard to get used to.
Reply | Threaded
|

bgpiraja
Hi,

I think it's necessary to ajust the short cuts of command line, for example:

Copy - co
Move - m

Cheers,

--
Bruno Gonçalves Pirajá

Em Sexta-feira, 6 de Junho de 2014 16:24, maurov [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> escreveu:

I think Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Crtl+Z and Crtl+Y are almost universal. Nothing too hard to get used to.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/Short-cuts-tp5710005p5710019.html
To start a new topic under LibreCAD-dev, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from LibreCAD-dev, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

R. van Twisk
Administrator
Don't forget that ctrl-c  ctrl-v (or cmd versions for OSX) nice, but in a CAD world we need to be precise.
What should d happen when you do 'ctrl-v'? Should it paste at the cursor position? What's the reference position?

It's not as simple as let's put XYZ on the clipboard and/or copy it back from it.
I di agree that having ctrl-v/ctrl-c working cross platform AND between different applications would be sweet. Unfortunately that may be a lot of work. Is there anybody that can step forward and do some research?
Reply | Threaded
|

maurov
Another good idea would be a window with a list of the last operations showing everthing you do. It would be helpfull specially when undoing operations that change nothing on the screen.

About helping on developing, I know almost noting about it. But if some orientation comes, I can try.
Reply | Threaded
|

dazky
In reply to this post by R. van Twisk
Hi,
I read a discussion of shortcuts and would like to write a few notes and observations.
I work as a civil engineer with AutoCAD over 15 years and with other smaller CAD applications.
I watch for a long time this project and I really like it.
Unfortunately I do not have time to get involved with, in all the time I only installed and inspected the source code.
I have some suggestions to shortcuts and hotkeys.

1)
Each command or shortcut typed on the command line should be confirmed. AutoCAD is confirmed SPACE or ENTER.
Confirmation
does not stay away from work and solve the problem with similar abbreviations.
Eg
. l = line, polyline = ll, lll = rectangle. The more commands, the more necessary the confirmation.

2)
I studied "rs_commands.cpp" may not fully understand all of the links, but I have some observations.

2a)
Each command should have a basic name-independent language.
Autocad
has _englishName as _line, _circle.
Thus, it is very advantageous for use in macros are independent of the user's language.

2b)
Definition command shortcuts in the "rs_commands.cpp" I find it complicated.
I think
there should be defined only basic command such as mainCommands.insert ("_line" RS2 :: ActionDrawLine);

2c)
Custom command names should be defined "librecad.alias" as the format
_line: line,l,if
_circle: circle,c,ci,yyya

Thus,
I think it would be very transparent to the user and thus should complete control over the definition of shortcuts.

Also, there could be defined hotkeys or possibly action with the mouse (eg. CTRL + left mouse button)
_save: *CTRL+S,save,s,sa
_regen: *CTRL+*LB,regen,rr

3)
I think that every action should have a comment on the command line.
When I press CTRL + S for example, in addition to saving the file should appear in the command line command executed.

Rather, it would be appropriate to every hotkey/ command menu / click on the icon
sent
the appropriate command in the command line processing.

Autocad thus allows the ICON each define a custom command. This is useful for commands with multiple options.
e.g.
circle;3P - switches on the insert mode by entering the circle of three points
circle;CR -
switches on the insert mode by entering the circle center and radius

Icon
sends the command line of the command and the user will do the rest.

4)
Press Enter or SPACE in an empty command line should call the previous command.
Even that
which was specified via hotkeys (eg CTRL + S)

5)
Press the up arrow should be inserted into the command line recently sent commands / text and allow its editing.
It's
handy for repairs typos when entering long commands.

6)
Very useful is the automatic bidding orders over entering the name of the command / shortcut to the command line.
eg "pol" - offers "polyline",
"polylineedit", etc.

XXX)
One idea in the distant future, which is not in AutoCAD.
Dialog,
which would be able to show something like the command line (o
r the ability to turn on the display in command line),
where they used to continuously record the internal variables / settings.
There should be the possibility to change any settings possibly invoke help.
Eg.
using
Autocad mirror has two variants mirroring texts - Yes / No.
This is controlled by
an internal
variable that is necessary to remember it or complex search.
It is similar to the other commands, is a large set of variables that control their behavior and not all are easy to find and set.

It would be good to know which settings were used when calling the command.
I do not know
exactly how this is now solved in LibreCadu, but sooner or later you will have to deal with process
a
large number of settings and this would be appropriate to deal with at the same time.

David + google translator

Dne 8.6.2014 1:19, R. van Twisk [via LibreCAD] napsal(a):
Don't forget that ctrl-c  ctrl-v (or cmd versions for OSX) nice, but in a CAD world we need to be precise.
What should d happen when you do 'ctrl-v'? Should it paste at the cursor position? What's the reference position?

It's not as simple as let's put XYZ on the clipboard and/or copy it back from it.
I di agree that having ctrl-v/ctrl-c working cross platform AND between different applications would be sweet. Unfortunately that may be a lot of work. Is there anybody that can step forward and do some research?

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/Short-cuts-tp5710005p5710030.html
To start a new topic under LibreCAD-dev, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from LibreCAD-dev, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
David,

Thanks a lot for your detailed analysis.

Clearly, it will take some time for us to design the command line framework based on your suggestions.

With help from our small community, LibreCAD will be evolving fast.

Dongxu