Snap relative to a line wich is not orthogonal to XY-axis
I have a question about the relative object snap.
For example, if I have a house that is not orthogonal in the image and I want to draw a line relative to the corner of the house with a measurement parallel to the house (from point 1 to point 2, see picture). How can I determine points 1 and 2?
The only way I have found is:
- Rotate the house parallel to the XY axis
- A line from the corner of the house to point 1 using relative coordinates (@2.5,-3.5)
- A second line from the corner of the house to point 2 using relative coordinates (@-4,-3).
- Connect the endpoints of both lines
- Delete auxiliary lines
- Rotate the house back to the original angle
Re: Snap relative to a line wich is not orthogonal to XY-axis
working with parallel lines, circle and trim is a good idea.
In the past I worked with autocad and there is a special snap option: You can "snap from" (input a point and move it by a relative input) and give a track (angle), so you have the desired point in one operation. Hoped there would be a similar function in librecad. But this is okay, too.