classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Table with the hatch models of LibreCad 2.2.0.rc1

jefken
This post was updated on .
As a user of LibreCad 2.2.0.rc1 I needed the librecad hatch symbols to get an overview.
That is why I have placed them in a list (pdf document).
Maybe this list is useful for other LibreCad users

hacthing.pdf

enjoy it

Jefken
gepensioneerd ingenieur
Gent België
LibreCad 2.2.0 rc1 Windows
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Table with the hatch models of LibreCad 2.2.0.rc1

dellus
Thanks, a good idea. Things like this should be available in the wiki documentation area.
Some hatchings are very dense and maybe not clearly recognizable when printing. Maybe these should be enlarged a bit for this list, the scaling factor could be noted for those ( if not 1). Of course the fault lies in the original layout of those hatchings. The according similar Gost (russian norm) hatchings look a bit better.
I have once done a similar table for line types as they will look like on paper.

linetypes.pdf
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
In reply to this post by jefken
I have noticed that while your document is a pdf (generally a vector format), the hatching samples shown are bitmap images, and the pdf is made in Microsoft Office Word. Have you used screenshots?
If you are keen to tinker around a bit more and have more work, you could build it in Librecad with boxes of 100x100 units, fill them with the hatchings, and print/export to pdf. This way fine hatching structures are kept. Won't be easy, scaling and line thickness issues to be considered. Maybe not worth the effort, and the file will get large, but if you seek the challenge...
Reply | Threaded
|

jefken
In reply to this post by jefken
Dellus wrote me in a mail:

I have noticed that while your document is a pdf (generally a vector format), the hatching samples shown are bitmap images, and the pdf is made in Microsoft Office Word. Have you used screenshots?
If you are keen to tinker around a bit more and have more work, you could build it in Librecad with boxes of 100x100 units, fill them with the hatchings, and print/export to pdf. This way fine hatching structures are kept. Won't be easy, scaling and line thickness issues to be considered. Maybe not worth the effort, but if you seek the challenge...

here is the challenge:

as an dfx

hatch_systemen.dxf

as a pdf

hatch_symbolen1.pdf

Jefken
gepensioneerd ingenieur
Gent België
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Wow, that quick! Ambition seems to have seized you.
My original thought with the 100x100 boxes was because the hatchings stored in LibreCAD are dxf's of 100x100 units. The idea was to be able to see the hatching in the original layout. But you wouldn't get it on A4 then. So some scaling would be necessary. Also the general scaling of the whole drawing determines the appearance on paper. So I think there is no ideal solution fitting all scenarios.
Your table is fine as it is, anyone can take it and easily modify it to his likings and needs.

By the way, in case you don't know it, you can make your own hatchings. Just make a 100x100 drawing and put the dxf into the hatchings folder of LC. I once made one for that ondulated insulation symbol used in Germany. But it was no use because it needed the hatchings origin to be shiftable, what LibreCAD can't do (yet). Same obstacle if you want to use a hatching to show the tiling in a bathroom.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary S
Both 'line types' and 'hatches' are good items to be included in the user Manual, so I've added both to my To do list for the User Manual (and have since moved one to the "To Done" list).  Thanks to both of you.
Reply | Threaded
|

jefken
In reply to this post by dellus
dellus wrote

By the way, in case you don't know it, you can make your own hatchings. Just make a 100x100 drawing and put the dxf into the hatchings folder of LC. I once made one for that ondulated insulation symbol used in Germany. But it was no use because it needed the hatchings origin to be shiftable, what LibreCAD can't do (yet). Same obstacle if you want to use a hatching to show the tiling in a bathroom.
I made a hatch with dog_3 of which the dxf file is below.
Nice to do

dog_3.dxf

gepensioneerd ingenieur
Gent België
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Ha, do you want to print yourself a doggie wallpaper?
What have you done to the file, it is much larger than the original from "arch blocks"?
It seems you are not limited to 100x100 units, I just thought so because the existing hatch files have that size. I also thought that with that fixed size free space around entities could be kept, as is the case with the "angle.dxf" hatch, but with the "dog_3.dxf" it seems the bounding box or limits of the drawing is tiled. So some more to find out.
I then had the idea, what if an image is inserted into the hatch file? It didn't work, the image didn't show in the applied hatch. What a pity, this would have been a way to make pixel patterns.

If you don't know how to spend your time and like making tables, for libraries like "arch blocks" an oversight as pdf, maybe even with an underlying faint light coloured square hatch for size indication, would be handy.
Reply | Threaded
|

jefken
What I've done?
I opened the daemon.dxf file in the patterns directory where the hatch files are stored.
Then I replaced the figure deamon with the figure (block) dog_3. rescalled it
I exploded this and saved it as dog_3.dxf in the patterns directory. Nothing more less. You can possibly scale and experiment.

and
<<Ha, do you want to print yourself a doggie wallpaper?>>
No this is only an experiment and I happened to have the dog_3 figure. I don't need a wallpaper dog.
It was an exercise to create hatch models yourself

as an engineer I like to experiment with the programs and especially with librecad because I used to be an autocad user, but as a pensioner I can't afford a very expensive autocad program and use this wonderful free program.
This is also more than sufficient for what I still need.
Of course the use of librecad is a serious changeover for me and I would like to become proficient in librecad

That's what I did

jefken

gepensioneerd ingenieur
Gent België
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
<<Ha, do you want to print yourself a doggie wallpaper?>> was not meant seriously, just fun. Sorry if I have offended you.

With your dog_3.dxf I get this:

With daemon.dxf this:

Note the difference with the free space around the figure. I do not understand that different behaviour. Do you have a clue?
Reply | Threaded
|

jefken
I am not offended.ik think it',s have you do with my scaling factor

Jozef Bronselaer

Op vr 26 apr. 2019 19:05 schreef dellus [via LibreCAD] <
ml+s1049103n5717304h98@n5.nabble.com>:

> <<Ha, do you want to print yourself a doggie wallpaper?>> was not meant
> seriously, just fun. Sorry if I have offended you.
>
> With your dog_3.dxf I get this:
>
>
>
> With daemon.dxf this:
>
>
>
> Note the difference with the free space around the figure. I do not
> understand that different behaviour. Do you have a clue?
>
> ------------------------------
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
>
> http://forum.librecad.org/Table-with-the-hatch-models-of-LibreCad-2-2-0-rc1-tp5717287p5717304.html
> To unsubscribe from Table with the hatch models of LibreCad 2.2.0.rc1, click
> here
> <http://forum.librecad.org/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscribe_by_code&node=5717287&code=amVmLmJyb25zZWxhZXJAZ21haWwuY29tfDU3MTcyODd8MzgxODgxNzk3>
> .
> NAML
> <http://forum.librecad.org/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
>
gepensioneerd ingenieur
Gent België