Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Text size when adding text

PhillT
Is this a known issue, or am I missing something?

When I ad text, it is added to any drawing in a very large size, and reducing the font size makes no difference. Even inputing 0.5mm as the text size makes no difference.
The Dimensions text size is true to size, but any text added via the "A" text button is just huge.
In this drawing, 2.5mm is the chosen size for both Dimensions, and for Text.

Cheers,
Phill
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Text size when adding text

dellus
Odd. Can you change the text size after writing via Properties?
What scale is the drawing? There is different behavior for dimension text and normal text.
Can you provide a sample drawing file here?
Reply | Threaded
|

PhillT
When I select the text, then properties, nothing pops up, only the command line is ready for input, (Properties : properties, prop) but I don't use the command line yet so I cannot do anything.

This is the only place available for me to select text size, note,...0.25mm for this drawing, but it appears far larger.
 nThis is the actual drawing in question:
Viscous_Fan_adaptor_plate-2.dxf~
Cheers,
Phill
Reply | Threaded
|

flywire
Height property was set to zero and I didn't see any dimensions in that dxf file. Seems fine when height changed to 2.5.

I note your Drawing Preferences, Dimensions: General Scale of 1 and Text Height of 2.5 is OK.

btw - How about updating v2.1.3 to a more recent release?
Reply | Threaded
|

PhillT
I re-set the text size to 2.5 and it seems to be printing correctly now, no idea why it was so large before.

I was under the impression that the version I am using is the latest stable release?

Cheers,
Phill
Reply | Threaded
|

flywire
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
There is everything okay with your version. This is still the latest release for Mac OS.
Sadly there are no nightly builds for Mac OS.
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution