classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Timeouts while saving files

Bastel
Timeouts while saving files
I switched to W10 and installed LibCAD 2.13. It worked without problems on W7.
The PC got 8GB RAM and a nvidia 1030 graphics card for the switch to W10. I use Libre CAD to create milling data with Filou NC20.

With W10 I have delays of 1 min when saving larger files. Due to the autosave function, it is almost impossible to draw because the program has timeouts all the time.
Switching to LibCAD 2.2 shows the same problems. All DXF files are on a separate data plate and have a load of more than 80% during the saving?
I am at a loss and tried everything.

Thank you in advance and many greetings Jürgen

Sorry for my bad english, that was translated by google

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Timeouts while saving files

fa201
If the autosave is an issue you can desactivate it through the menu : Options / Application Preferences / Default tab and then untick the box Auto backup.
Fabrice

French hobbyist interested in 2D design.
Reply | Threaded
|

Bastel
Hi there
Thank you. Yes, I have already set this to 10 minutes.
Interesting is:
I copied the complete directory from the data disk D: \ to C: \ users \ my name \ documents.
Copying the complete directory from D: \ -> C: \ was very quick. Saving the DXF files from LibreCAD is now much faster, about 2-3 seconds.
But the brake is that LibreCAD does not run well with Win10 Prof.
Is it a hardware problem or is it the software? No idea.

Greetings from Jürgen

Reply | Threaded
|

Bastel
Hi there,
my problem is solved.
In the case of a complete system check, the slow data disk (HDD) was moved from the SATA port with 3 GB / s to the second free port with 6 GB / s to the SSD.
LibreCAD now saves larger files in less than 1 second.
I am very happy because LibreCAD is the most important program for my hobby. Thanks also to the LibreCAD team for developing and making this program available free of charge.
Greetings from Jürgen