Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Tool option menu

Hal_v_1937
Using Librecad 2.0.9 somehow I've reduced my Tool Options menu to a single 5mm x 5mm bar with "dots", I cannot open it to see and dialogue boxes, I can move it around but NOT resize it. I tried uninstalling Librecad, but it just came back the same way.
Two questions are :-
1: How do I make larger so I can see what's in there.
2: What did I do, so I can avoid doing ti again.

I hope someone can help and will say thanks in anticipation.

Hal
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Tool option menu

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Hey Hal,

I have no idea how this can happen. Can you make a screen shot to clarify whats wrong?
You can use Insert Image in your reply to upload the screen shot.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
In reply to this post by Hal_v_1937
If you are on Windows some settings are not being deleted during a new install, maybe hidden in the registry. So you can try a tool to clean or edit the registry, or easier, install a portable version from portableapps.com. It can be installed and work in parallel to a standard installation. Best use an extra folder for portable apps. Everything is contained within the portable Librecad folder, no stuff hidden somewhere else in Windows, so can be deleted and freshly reinstalled anytime again and again.
Reply | Threaded
|

Hal_v_1937
In reply to this post by LordOfBikes

Thank you for both for your replies, they are appreciated.

As I hope you can see from the image, if you look above the "Tools" and below the "File" the narrow line with the "Dots".
It happened as I was choosing the best location for me for the menu.

I tried to capture and image with the menu 'undocked' to show the "5 x 5mm" image, but  now it won't come away from the area.

However after using LibreCad I find that when "Tools options" applies, such as with 'polyline', 'chamfer' and such, the full window opens in the area and functions normally allowing direct input. I'm happy to leave things as they are, but then if others experience the same situation, they may prefer a solution that returns to "normal".

Thank  you again.

Hal.
Reply | Threaded
|

Hal_v_1937
In reply to this post by dellus

G'day Dellus,

I thought I'd reply separately and fill in a detail I should have given previously, I'm using LibreCad on Ubuntu MATE 16.04.

You gave me pause to think that maybe under Linux, Librecad creates a "user profile" and to fully re-set LC I'd need to remove that. Once before using Librewriter I had trouble with a French spell check loading correctly and someone very patiently "talked" me through the removal of my profile, which allowed Librewrite to create a new one and all went well from there.

Thank you again for your time, it really is appreciated.

Hal.

On 25/11/17 22:27, dellus [via LibreCAD] wrote:
If you are on Windows some settings are not being deleted during a new install, maybe hidden in the registry. So you can try a tool to clean or edit the registry, or easier, install a portable version from portableapps.com. It can be installed and work in parallel to a standard installation. Best use an extra folder for portable apps.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/Tool-option-menu-tp5715491p5715493.html
To unsubscribe from Tool option menu, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Thanks Hal for the screen shot, that brought your issue to light.

First, everything is okay, there is nothing you broke.

The Tool Options tool bar is a dynamically changed tool bar. Its content depends on the selected tools and functions.

After installation, the snap middle option is on by default. This option is liable for the Middle Points spin box showing up in the Tool Options tool bar.
When the snap middle option is deactivated, the Middle Points spin box is hidden and the tool box becomes empty.
The hight of the empty Tool Options tool bar is reduced to its minimum value, this is what you observe.
And the dots on the left are the gripper you see on every tool bar. This is where you have to click to drag the tool bar to another place.

On Linux the application settings are stored in your home folder. There is the file ~/.config/LibreCAD/LibreCAD.conf where among others the state of snap options is stored. This is the reason, why reinstalling LibreCAD doesn't restore the tool bar.
For a clean reinstallation, this file has to be deleted manually.
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

Hal_v_1937

Thank you yet again, a very clear explanation, how nice to know "I didn't break it".

I've recently upgraded to 2.2.0 alpha, which is just quite astounding. I spent many years with Autocad from version 10 on, then Intellicad, then draftsight, then Qcad, I also dabble with Sketchup make. This version of LC is excellent.

I practised as architect for many years, but now since retirement use cad for designing furniture which I then hand build, As such it is hard to go past Librecad, and with the excellent and thoughtful support your forums give I cannot see me changing.

Thank you again.

Hal.

On 26/11/17 06:08, LordOfBikes [via LibreCAD] wrote:
Thanks Hal for the screen shot, that brought your issue to light.

First, everything is okay, there is nothing you broke.

The Tool Options tool bar is a dynamically changed tool bar. Its content depends on the selected tools and functions.

After installation, the snap middle option is on by default. This option is liable for the Middle Points spin box showing up in the Tool Options tool bar.
When the snap middle option is deactivated, the Middle Points spin box is hidden and the tool box becomes empty.
The hight of the empty Tool Options tool bar is reduced to its minimum value, this is what you observe.
And the dots on the left are the gripper you see on every tool bar. This is where you have to click to drag the tool bar to another place.

On Linux the application settings are stored in your home folder. There is the file ~/.config/LibreCAD/LibreCAD.conf where among others the state of snap options is stored. This is the reason, why reinstalling LibreCAD doesn't restore the tool bar.
For a clean reinstallation, this file has to be deleted manually.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/Tool-option-menu-tp5715491p5715496.html
To unsubscribe from Tool option menu, click here.
NAML