Where is the button to break all the pieces apart?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Where is the button to break all the pieces apart?

Axelrodde
I searched the forum but did not find any result.

Ubuntu Linux 21.04 laptop. Inkscape v1.1.

Where is the button to break all the pieces apart at the intersection?

It would save hours of trimming to do. For all lines and circles to break apart at the intersection all at once.
I know it has got to be here somewhere. Where is it hiding?

Thank you kindly
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Where is the button to break all the pieces apart?

fa201
divide function
https://librecad.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ref/tools.html?highlight=divide#modify
Fabrice

French hobbyist interested in 2D design.
Reply | Threaded
|

Axelrodde
This post was updated on .
The divide tool works on one line at a time. But where is the way to divide all that is highlighted all at once? An Explode Into Parts Tool would save tremendous time.

Example: I have two columns, one entire column must be able to divide and unite back together en mass. Tedious to do by hand. There has got be a way or the limitations restrict professional performance.  

Furthermore, the Divide All tool or Explode Into Parts tool would be of more use with exclusivity as to what gets divided.

Check box example:
☐ Divide lines around lines.
☑ Divide lines around polylines.
☐ Divide polylines around lines.
☑ Divide polylines around polylines.

LibreCAD needs to have divide options.

Thank you kindly,
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
It is still not obvious to me what you are exactly looking for.

The Divide tool, as its name says, is to divide a single entity into two. I use this usually on intersections or long lines which have to be trimmed in the middle.

From your screenshot it looks like you have a bunch of blocks. For this job use the Explode tool, which is used to separate entity containers like polylines or blocks into their primitive entities. The primitive entities are not modified, but they are not glued together anymore.

So if the selected entities are blocks, you can use the Modify -> Explode tool (see https://librecad.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ref/tools.html#modify at the end of the table) to separate them all at once.

But if you want all selected entities divided at there intersections, then there is indeed no tool in LibreCAD and you have to do it one by one.

Axelrodde wrote
and unite back together en mass
This is also not clear to me from your example. Is the whole selection one block or are there several blocks or polylines? So is it one big block to unite or do we talk about a bunch of smaller groups to combine?

Maybe, when you tell us the purpose of your drawing, someone may have a better idea how to achieve it with less effort.
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

نبيــــــل
This post was updated on .
I'm also interested in this functionality.
imagine a work like this TWITTER BIRD drawing...
when you have to explode lines to maintain only the bird 🐥
it would simplify a lot of work for me.

⬇️TWITTER.dxf

Twitter

many thanks.
open source lover