7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Wiki - Starting to Draw - Issues

flywire
This post was updated on .
Starting to draw wiki has following issues:

* Drawing box does not work if Command Widget not displayed (Widgets, Dock Widgets, Command Line)
* copy/paste multiple commands fail - each command lines has eol (<CR><LF> in windows)
* Insert Image creates an empty frame with no image
* Dimensions are shown as a normal line rather than a dimension line with values (adjust Drawing Preferences, Dimensions)

Win 10, LibreCAD Version: 2.2.0-rc1
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Wiki - Starting to Draw - Issues

aman
Hello flywire!

Which version of LibreCAD did you use?
'
You can select box from side panel or from the Tools menu at the top, both of them work for me.

Have not used windows for years, so can't replicate.
'
Empty box when inserting image is normal, select Print Preview to see the image.

Of dimensions, check at first Options > Current drawing preferences > Dimensions. I don't remember changing them, and for me they are like this: Dimension settings
Reply | Threaded
|

aman
I was able to do https://wiki.librecad.org/index.php?title=Starting_to_draw that drill without any problems at all. LibreCad 2.1.3, Debian Linux.

Reply | Threaded
|

flywire
This post was updated on .
Thank you for the comprehensive reply. Good to see you were able to do drill without any issues and hopefully a few tweaks regarding assumed environment will allow others to do the same.

I updated version information.

* Drawing box - I've obviously closed it previously which caused the process to fail
* Copy/paste multiple commands - special command action on right of command line
* Insert image not displayed - wiki needs to mention only displayed in print/print preview
* Dimensions line display - probably incorrectly using sale, last project was 100m x 100m and this one 100mm x 100mm

I tweaked the wiki for these situations.

Note: According to https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/issues/256 there is no "proper" scripting solution for LibreCAD as of 2019-08. With Version 2.2. the best you can get is storing commands in a text file and load them via the "Load Command File" option of the button in the bottom right corner.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Insert image not displayed - not true, only not shown when Draft mode is activated, this simplifies screen rendering for more speed. Untick.

Reply | Threaded
|

flywire

Anyway, happy to test robustness of examples.
Reply | Threaded
|

aman
In reply to this post by dellus
Thanks dellus, I stand corrected!

Actually not so bad choice for me that the draft mode was accidentally on, usually using not so high end laptop