any news about text editor and dimensions dialog? (fonts)

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

any news about text editor and dimensions dialog? (fonts)

claus82
Hi friends, is there any news for fonts options?
I mean, add  the possibility to use TTFs AND OTFs in the text editor and in the dimension dialogue.
Moreover having a fixed extension line offset is alredy implemented on beta 2? For example, enter a number to define the extension.
Perhaps I am asking too much... I tried to do it myself, but I have no knowledge about programming, and there is no guide for dummies from zero...  Plus I'm working hard in this time and I am still working on the user quick manual.

Anyway, if you look at my pictures you can understand what I mean. The feature that I mean are highlighted in orange.
keep on rockin' guys!
Claus

...the problem is not the problem, the problem is your aptitude about the problem...
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: any news about text editor and dimensions dialog? (fonts)

hsrai
I wish to have a common multiplication for all "Dimension parameter" or say "Scale factor". Now we need to multiply 6 quantity by same factor, when we change page / units or scale.

--
H.S.Rai
--
H.S.Rai
Reply | Threaded
|

priyanka
@hsrai sir

This means you want synchronised combo boxes. As scale changes, all parameters change.
This seems very useful to me also.

@All, is it useful according to you?
I can make this change .
Reply | Threaded
|

priyanka
In reply to this post by claus82
@claus82

What is the meaning of Fixed checkbox in the figure?
Does it means font size remain fixed whatever is the value of scale?
Reply | Threaded
|

hsrai
In reply to this post by priyanka
priyanka wrote
This means you want synchronised combo boxes. As scale changes, all parameters change.
This seems very useful to me also.
Yes, and same scale factor needed to be used in page layout (Print Preview), and if I change scale there, all dimension parameters needed to be updated.

--
H.S.Rai
--
H.S.Rai
Reply | Threaded
|

claus82
In reply to this post by priyanka
@ priyanka

the "fixed" box means that the extension line offset is fixed, so that you can put the dimension near or far the draw that the line has always the same offset.

look at the picture my friend, I hope you understand what I mean... I am not good at explaining, this is the reason that bring me to post so many images when I post some request/suggestion.
Thanks for your interest.
Claus  

...the problem is not the problem, the problem is your aptitude about the problem...
Reply | Threaded
|

hsrai
claus82 wrote
the "fixed" box means that the extension line offset is fixed, so that you can put the dimension near or far the draw that the line has always the same offset.
I believe I understand you, what you want to convey, but terminology or way you used may not be appropriate. Let me rephrase it.

"Offset" (distance between end of extension line near to point of dimension and point itself) is already of fix amount, by parameter "Extension line offset". Now we can have some "tick/selection" button. If we use this parameter, we will have fixed offset, as we have at present.

But if we de-select it (don't want to use it), then offset will be different, and extension line's length will be fixed. It may be "Extension line extension" units on each side of dimension line, i.e total fixed length of extension line will be "two times 'Extension line extension' ", but having different offset, depending upon location of dimension line.
--
H.S.Rai
Reply | Threaded
|

claus82
Well,
 dear hsrai, I am not sure I understood what you said, sorry my english is a bit rusted... But I am pretty sure that you understood what I said; anyway, in order to erase any doubt I have put another picture! (sorry)
Let's say that EXTENSION LINE OFFSET works on the distance between the drawing and the dimension (A in the picture down here), the command FIXED that I have in mind would work on the line extension towards the drawing (B in the picture); so that we can put the dimension at any distance that B length will be the same, even if the distance A is different, like in the part 1 and 2 in the picture. Now I hope that I have explained good enough! Sorry, I should give a revision to my english...

Bye friends
claus