Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

issue with move/copy changing layers to layer selected in layer list

andykmv
i am having an issue with the move copy command changing layers to layer selected in layer list.
i am using v2.1.3 in windows 7 professional 64.

for example today i created a door and a window, and each of those items had multiple layers (frame for the timber frame, glazing for the glass, door for the moving part of the door/window, guide lines on help-lines and dimensions on dimensions.

i created some guide lines, on the help-lines layer, so that layer was left selected because one layer is always selected

when i selected the window, including all the items on the visible layers mentioned above, and i did a move/copy to make a duplicate copy of the window including all it's layers (so that i could make a wider version of  the same window)
what i expected to occur was that a move/copy operation would copy the selected elements including their attributes (ie layers) intact/unchanged.
what in fact occurred was that the layer of the selected elements were converted to the help-lines layer

note: during some reading i noticed reference to the "modifiy layer of selected entities, at layer activation" check box.  i assume this check means that if checked, and if i select 1 or more entities then choose a layer (eg the re-selecting the current layer or selecting a different layer) that the layers of the selected elements change to the selected layer.  in my case, this check box is NOT checked.

why is this occurring ?

I also had a few other odd occurrences of some of the elements on the dimensions layer (ie the dimension value 915.0) going missing, and these did not return until i reset the layer info of a different element on the dimensions layer back to dimensions layer.

why is this occurring ?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: issue with move/copy changing layers to layer selected in layer list

dellus
I cannot reproduce that behaviour, it works as it should for me. Have you checked the settings in the move/copy box?

Reply | Threaded
|

andykmv
many thanks dellus!
i thought that may have been the case yesterday so i unchecked both boxes to try that out.
thank you for confirming that .

are Use current attributes and Use current layer checked by default?
i have done so much move/copy/multiple copies over the last two weeks that i have lost track!
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
By default they are unchecked.