Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

join more lines in a single

trovo.alessandro.ta@gmail.com
I have to merge multiple lines into one, how can I do? the problem is that the laser cutting machine reading lots of small lines continues to attach and detach and it takes a long time, would solve the problem if I could to merge them into a single
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: join more lines in a single

dxli
are they collinear?

I think you can probably do it manually by drawing a new line (in a new layer), and hide the old layer.

I think new methods to be helpful:

1, create bounding box of selected entities;
2, zoom by selected;

trovo.alessandro.ta@gmail.com wrote
I have to merge multiple lines into one, how can I do? the problem is that the laser cutting machine reading lots of small lines continues to attach and detach and it takes a long time, would solve the problem if I could to merge them into a single
Reply | Threaded
|

sp1der
In reply to this post by trovo.alessandro.ta@gmail.com
Hi, Use the 'Create Polyline from segments' option.

Draw > Polyline > Create Polyline from existing segments

Just click on one of your line segments to merge all lines together to form one continues ployline.
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
sp1der wrote
Hi, Use the 'Create Polyline from segments' option.

Draw > Polyline > Create Polyline from existing segments

Just click on one of your line segments to merge all lines together to form one continues ployline.
 I understand polyline better now. Thanks!
Reply | Threaded
|

Mike Hayes
The Create Polyline from Existing Segments tool works perfectly well.

But after the individual line segments have been successfully converted into a polyline, it is not immediately obvious to the user that anything has actually happened because everything looks exactly the same as it did before and the Command Line continues to prompt the user to choose another segment.

I think it would be helpful to give the user some feedback to confirm that a polyline has been successfully created. Perhaps this could be done either by highlighting the new polyline or by displaying a message in the Command Line.

Mike
Reply | Threaded
|

sp1der
Mike Hayes wrote
The Create Polyline from Existing Segments tool works perfectly well.
Good to hear.

Mike Hayes wrote
But after the individual line segments have been successfully converted into a polyline, it is not immediately obvious to the user that anything has actually happened because everything looks exactly the same as it did before and the Command Line continues to prompt the user to choose another segment.

I think it would be helpful to give the user some feedback to confirm that a polyline has been successfully created. Perhaps this could be done either by highlighting the new polyline or by displaying a message in the Command Line.

Mike
Absolutely agree with you Mike, probably easily done by one of our excellent developers here - any takers anyone?