Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

moving a rectangle with the command window

Jean in France
Someone spoke about FORTRAN and punched cards : I am as old as him and I still work with FORTRAN !!!

I am so old that I have difficulties to use the mouse with accuracy. I would like to move a rectangle let's say 1mm down. There is a command 'move' but it needs the mouse. Is there a way to give a command like 'move 0,-1' ?

TIA
Jean
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: moving a rectangle with the command window

georgesbasement
Hopefully you're not programming your drawings with FORTRAN ...

Here's my workaround for the jitters: Use your scroll wheel to squeeze the drawing into a small area, then use the vertical and horizontal sliders to center the portion of the drawing on which you are concentrating. After it's centered, again use your scroll wheel to expand that portion of the drawing; it should stay centered but grow bigger. Following dellus's advice, make sure you have activated "Free Snap" (the large + sign at upper left) which should highlight that button to appear grey inside its square. Now you can use the "Move" command from the menu list to select the entity to be moved, set a reference point not to far away, and then use the left mouse button to re-position the selected entity. If it disappears from view, start over and select a closer reference point or an entirely different place for that reference point (the positioning of the reference point works predictably once you have caught on to the method that LibreCAD had in mind ...)
Reply | Threaded
|

mad-hatter
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Jean in France
Hello,
Jean in France wrote
There is a command 'move' but it needs the mouse. Is there a way to give a command like 'move 0,-1' ?
You don't need the mouse for positioning.

Select your rectangle.
Command line – Type move / enter (or mv / enter).
Type 0,0 / enter.
Type 0,-1 / enter.
Keep/replace selection box will appear.
Positions are relative, it won't matter where the rectangle is positioned in the first place.
You don’t have to use the mouse for most commands.

Regards
Reply | Threaded
|

georgesbasement
In reply to this post by georgesbasement
An Aha ! moment just happened: Start with the view reduced in size so you can see the relevant part of your drawing. Expand a little and position the cursor right where you want to maintain control of the mouse. Now use the scroll wheel on the mouse to expand the view (i.e. zoom in) as much as possible without losing the view that you need to see. LibreCAD will keep on zooming without shifting the image, so you can enlarge the view enough that the jitters won't do any harm to the final product..

Works for me.
georgesbasement
Reply | Threaded
|

Jean in France
In reply to this post by mad-hatter
Hi Mad-matter,
it is exactly what I need !! It works like a charm ....

Thank you very much.

Jean