Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

plasma table text NEED HELP!

strandedgass
im new to the librecad wold and i run a shop that uses this program. i have a plasma table that reads gcode and we use librecad to sheet cam to do so. i have been trying to find a way to cut text on our table with out having to draw it by hand with lines in librecad can some one please help me!! when you use text it doesnt read it as lines in sheetcam. guessing the text is for annotating only

NEED HELP ASAP PLEASE!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: plasma table text NEED HELP!

dellus
You can try if it helps to explode the text with Tools - Modify - Explode. But cannot edit it as text afterwards.
Reply | Threaded
|

flywire
In reply to this post by strandedgass
Alternatively, look in the LibreCAD User Manual wiki at Data import and export DXF export by Inkscape.

Also Inkscape Automation, and while you are there you could create some nice text blocks and make them available as a library for others. Even better if they could be parameterised like kecb or Pseudo Scripting With Excel workaround perhaps with openpyxl under python.
Reply | Threaded
|

strandedgass
In reply to this post by dellus
i've tried that but for some reason when i import librecad program to sheet-cam which i use to convert process to g-cod sheet-cam doesn't recognize the text so when you go to cut it cuts out everything but the text
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Are you sure the Explode command was executed properly? If exploded the text will consist of ordinary single line and arc segments. You can test this by clicking on a letter segment. Did you save the file after exploding before converting it?