Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

plugin uses incompatible Qt library - running appimage 2.2

aangelo
Hi all! My environment: Versione: 2.2.0-rc1-242-gc4387f10 Compilatore: GNU GCC 5.4.0 Compilato in data: Aug 28 2019 Versione Qt: 5.5.1 Boost Version: 1.58.0 System: Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS I still have LibreCAD 2.1.2 installed (but not running when running the appimage). As soon as I run the appimage, I get a number of warning messages:
The plugin 'usr/lib/librecad/libalign.so' uses incompatible Qt library (5.6.1) [release]
The plugin 'usr/lib/librecad/libasciifile.so' uses incompatible Qt library (5.6.1) [release]
The plugin 'usr/lib/librecad/libimportshp.so' uses incompatible Qt library (5.6.1) [release]
The plugin 'usr/lib/librecad/libalign.so' uses incompatible Qt library (5.6.1) [release]
The plugin 'usr/lib/librecad/liblist.so' uses incompatible Qt library (5.6.1) [release]
The plugin 'usr/lib/librecad/libsample.so' uses incompatible Qt library (5.6.1) [release]
The plugin 'usr/lib/librecad/liblist.so' uses incompatible Qt library (5.6.1) [release]
LibreCAD 2.2 seems to run OK except for all text (free text and dimension text), that are displayed only when I open the drawing file. As soon as I edit some text in the same drawing, all text are displayed as a small rectangle (as in draft mode). What does mean the "problem" about Qt library and what can I do to solve it? Thank you.
--
Antonio
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: plugin uses incompatible Qt library - running appimage 2.2

xanderdin
Hi, aangelo!

LibreCAD 2.2.0-rc1-242-gc4387f10 is not an official build (yet), but I know where it comes from . I also know that there are no plugins at usr/lib/librecad/ path inside that AppImage. You can extract its contents by running
./LibreCAD-2.2.0-rc1-242-gc4387f10-x86_64.AppImage --appimage-extract
 and see it yourself. So, it most probably that AppImage version conflicts somehow with system-installed version. Try fully uninstall that 2.1.2 version and see if it helps. By the way, I cannot reproduce anything you described on a clean Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS without 2.1.2 installed and that obviously proves my assumption.
Reply | Threaded
|

aangelo
Hi, xanderdin!
Probably you're right and I'll try to uninstall 2.1.2 version.
I've seen that appimage version uses the same setting as 2.1.2 version.
Do I lose my settings if I uninstall 2.1.2 version?
I do not know appimage structure so working with appimage only, where are my settings stored?
Thank you in advance!
--
Antonio Angelo

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
Il martedì 3 settembre 2019 15:00, xanderdin [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

Hi, aangelo!

LibreCAD 2.2.0-rc1-242-gc4387f10 is not an official build (yet), but I know where it comes from . I also know that there are no plugins at usr/lib/librecad/ path inside that AppImage. You can extract its contents by running
./LibreCAD-2.2.0-rc1-242-gc4387f10-x86_64.AppImage --appimage-extract
 and see it yourself. So, it most probably that AppImage version conflicts somehow with system-installed version. Try fully uninstall that 2.1.2 version and see if it helps. By the way, I cannot reproduce anything you described on a clean Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS without 2.1.2 installed and that obviously proves my assumption.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
To unsubscribe from plugin uses incompatible Qt library - running appimage 2.2, click here.

--
Antonio
Reply | Threaded
|

xanderdin
Deinstallation of software installed by means of system package management tools usually does not touch personal settings which are stored in user's home directory. LibreCAD's user settings are stored in ~/.config/LibreCAD directory. You can backup that directory before uninstall if you want.

The cool thing with AppImage is that it can use settings from different places. If you run LibreCAD AppImage as is, it will use settings from before mentioned directory. But if you create a directory with the same name as your AppImage, ending it with .config and making it withing the same directory where you AppImage is located, in this case the settings will be stored in that particular directory. That allows using different settings for each version of LibreCAD AppImage.

For example, if we have LibreCAD-2.2.0-rc1-242-gc4387f10-x86_64.AppImage located in ~/soft/ we can do:

mkdir ~/soft/LibreCAD-2.2.0-rc1-242-gc4387f10-x86_64.AppImage.config

and get settings for that particular AppImage stored in that directory. For more info please see: https://docs.appimage.org/user-guide/portable-mode.html
Reply | Threaded
|

aangelo
After LibreCAD 2.1.2 uninstall, the problem disappeared and startup is much more fast.
All settings are untouched.
Thank you for your kind explanation.

Inviato da ProtonMail mobile

-------- Messaggio originale --------
On 4 set 2019, 22:47, xanderdin [via LibreCAD] < [hidden email]> ha scritto:

Deinstallation of software installed by means of system package management tools usually does not touch personal settings which are stored in user's home directory. LibreCAD's user settings are stored in ~/.config/LibreCAD directory. You can backup that directory before uninstall if you want.

The cool thing with AppImage is that it can use settings from different places. If you run LibreCAD AppImage as is, it will use settings from before mentioned directory. But if you create a directory with the same name as your AppImage, ending it with .config and making it withing the same directory where you AppImage is located, in this case the settings will be stored in that particular directory. That allows using different settings for each version of LibreCAD AppImage.

For example, if we have LibreCAD-2.2.0-rc1-242-gc4387f10-x86_64.AppImage located in ~/soft/ we can do:

mkdir ~/soft/LibreCAD-2.2.0-rc1-242-gc4387f10-x86_64.AppImage.config

and get settings for that particular AppImage stored in that directory. For more info please see: https://docs.appimage.org/user-guide/portable-mode.html

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/plugin-uses-incompatible-Qt-library-running-appimage-2-2-tp5717711p5717715.html
To unsubscribe from plugin uses incompatible Qt library - running appimage 2.2, click here.
NAML
--
Antonio