Are there suggested limited dimensions for LC files?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Are there suggested limited dimensions for LC files?

claus82
Hi everyone.
I've considered my activities and I compared mechanical works with my drawings, then I noticed that my drawings are mostly heavier (2 - 3 - 5 Megs, how about your works?), so I simply asked myself if there is a suggested limit for the files dimension of LC (e.g. 6 Megs), in order to avoid crashes, troubles ecc...
Then I'm putting here my question.
Waiting for your answers!

See ya!
Claus
...the problem is not the problem, the problem is your aptitude about the problem...
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Are there suggested limited dimensions for LC files?

sp1der
Hello my friend,

Claus, I think architectural drawings will at most times be heavier files than mechanical drawings.

Most of my drawings are either mechanical type drawings or drawings for laser cutting and are not too heavy !

What would you suggest is a good limit for drawing size for LibreCAD?

@Developers what do you think about this too?

Reply | Threaded
|

R. van Twisk
Administrator
Currently the limit of LibreCAD is due to the way how it's drawing anything on screen and limited by graphics drawing speed rather then memory limits.

I have started to solve this already on a new method that could draw 1million lines very efficiently, however due to lack of time at the
moment I had to stop working on this.

On May 12, 2013, at 8:02 AM, t..c [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello my friend,

Claus, I think architectural drawings will at most times be heavier files than mechanical drawings.

Most of my drawings are either mechanical type drawings or drawings for laser cutting and are not too heavy !

What would you suggest is a good limit for drawing size for LibreCAD?

@Developers what do you think about this too?

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/Are-there-suggested-limited-dimensions-for-LC-files-tp5708062p5708063.html
To start a new topic under LibreCAD-user, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from LibreCAD, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

claus82
Well, then I consider 4 - 5 megs maximum!
See ya!
It is (finally) a nice day, so I'm going to have a ride with my bicycle, or maybe I'll go out with my dogs!
...the problem is not the problem, the problem is your aptitude about the problem...