Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Calling Commands via Command Line

Heime

I am using LibreCAD and would like to run commands using the Command Line Dock Widget.

Have written the following commands in the Command Line Entry.

rectangle 0,0 34,55
Rectangle 0,0 34,55
RECTANGLE 0,0 34,55

rectangle 0,0 width 34 height 55
Rectangle 0,0 Width 34 Height 55
RECTANGLE 0,0 WIDTH 34 HEIGHT 55

After writing each command I press Return (Enter). But nothing happens. The rectangle is not shown. What might I be doing wrong ?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Calling Commands via Command Line

LordOfBikes
Administrator
https://librecad.readthedocs.io/en/latest/guides/cmdline.html
https://librecad.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ref/tools.html?highlight=command
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

Heime
From the link it is as if LibreCAD does not allow proper use of the Command Line like on Unix Systems, because one cannot write a command with positional arguments and execute it.

Instead the command line is basically an interactive user input device only.  Perhaps I can request an improvement ticket so that that commands with positional arguments could also be possible.
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
If you are interested in coding, consider LibreCAD_3 also. There's Lua script support:

https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD_3

Heime wrote
From the link it is as if LibreCAD does not allow proper use of the Command Line like on Unix Systems, because one cannot write a command with positional arguments and execute it.

Instead the command line is basically an interactive user input device only.  Perhaps I can request an improvement ticket so that that commands with positional arguments could also be possible.
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
In reply to this post by Heime
The links show the reference, how to proper use the LibreCAD command line.

LibreCAD is an application, not an operating system, so why do you expect it works like a Linux terminal?
What shall Windows or MacOS user expect?

The LibreCAD command line works similar as command lines in other CAD systems, they can be a reference, but not the Linux terminal.
Experienced users have evolved and optimized the command line over years and there was never a request for positional arguments.

You can set "Evaluate commands when SPACEBAR is pressed" in Application Preferences, this might give the impression of positional arguments.
You should try this first, but of course you can open a feature request too.
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution