Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Exporting a file

Niels Peter Fenger
I am a new user of LibreCAD. I have made a drafting of a point (switc) to a Railway. I want to use it as a figure in a report written in Word. I can however not control the size of it when it appears in  the Word document. It is only a tiny figure at the top of the Picture. Can anybody guide mee?

Yours

N. P. Fenger
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Exporting a file

dxli
Can you upload an example?

If you are exporting to raster formats (like JPG or PNG), adjust the picture size when proposed.

You may also try to export to SVG.

Niels Peter Fenger wrote
I am a new user of LibreCAD. I have made a drafting of a point (switc) to a Railway. I want to use it as a figure in a report written in Word. I can however not control the size of it when it appears in  the Word document. It is only a tiny figure at the top of the Picture. Can anybody guide mee?

Yours

N. P. Fenger
Reply | Threaded
|

Niels Peter Fenger
Thank you for replying

I have attached the file Sporskifte-1.dxf to  this e-mail. ( I do not know how to attach files in Nabble). I export it using the default With = 494 and Height =  1124 to format jpg, see attached file Sporskifte-1a.jpg. I have also tried to export it using With = 150 and Height = 100, see Sporskifte-1b. Exporting to SVG using the default value gives Sporskifte-1d.svg. Using With = 200 and Height = 100 gives Sporskifte-1e. None of them are usefull as illustrations in a report written in Word. I have also printed Sporskifte1.dxf on paper. This gives a print very similar to Sporskifte1a. I hope  there is a way to make good figures to my report. When I get more experienced I intend to make draftings to our machine shop using LibreCAD.

Yours

N. P. Fenger

Den 26-11-2015 kl. 15:38 skrev dxli [via LibreCAD]:
Can you upload an example?

If you are exporting to raster formats (like JPG or PNG), adjust the picture size when proposed.

You may also try to export to SVG.

Niels Peter Fenger wrote

Yours

N. P. Fenger

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/Exporting-a-file-tp5712622p5712625.html
To unsubscribe from Exporting a file, click here.
NAML

Sporskifte-1.dxf (28K) Download Attachment
Sporskifte-1a.jpg (22K) Download Attachment
Sporskifte-1b.jpg (1K) Download Attachment
Sporskifte-1d.svg (23K) Download Attachment
Sporskifte-1e.svg (27K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
|

ravas
This sounds like an issue with Word.
You could try LibreOffice (writer), which is free and open source.

I like to "Export as MakerCAM SVG" and then open the file in InkScape (free) for further tweaking.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
In reply to this post by Niels Peter Fenger
In your drawing at position 0, -555, in the bottom left area, there are multiple circles, one upon another, probably remnants of trials to draw the curved rail segments. Select them all together with pulling up a rectangle around them and delete them. So they won't be in the exported pixel file. PNG looks better for line graphics. I guess Word can't show svg?

dellus
Reply | Threaded
|

Niels Peter Fenger
Thank you for giving this pice of advice. It has succesfully solved my problem and my drawing is now incorporated in my Word document using PNG.

Niels Peter Fenger

Den 28-11-2015 kl. 01:04 skrev dellus [via LibreCAD]:
In your drawing at position 0, -555, in the bottom left area, there are multiple circles, one upon another, probably remnants of trials to draw the curved rail segments. Select them all together with pulling up a rectangle around them and delete them. So they won't be in the exported pixel file. PNG looks better for line graphics. I guess Word can't show svg?

dellus

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/Exporting-a-file-tp5712622p5712633.html
To unsubscribe from Exporting a file, click here.
NAML