classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hello from London!

Charles Watson
Hello everyone!

I am a brand new user to LibreCAD so I will probably be asking questions - not all dumb () I hope.

I am hoping to use the software to split a bit of land up into small units to identify who has access to what. I have already found a way of using the command line to add the parcels of land but is there any way that a spreadsheet or CSV file could be used to automate the process?

I know the centre point of each parcel of land and know the sizes. They are all rectangles orientated in the same east west plane.

If you can help/suggest something that would speed up the process I would love to hear from you.

Thanks in advance.

Charles
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hello from London!

dellus
It's not clear to me what you seek to achieve, but I see no way to use a spreadsheet or similar to automate the process.
Are the parcels all the same size? With Tools - Modify - Move/Copy you can make multiple copies in one direction at once. Repeat this with the resulting row a 90 degrees other direction and you get an array.
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
In reply to this post by Charles Watson
Welcome Charles!

There is a tutorial in our old wiki:
https://wiki.librecad.org/index.php?title=Pseudo-Scripting_With_Excel

It uses Excel to create a valid command file, which can be exported in the LibreCAD command line menu.
The command line menu is the button on the right side of the command line.

In your case, create a sheet with the center coordinates, and on a second page create the formulas to create the rectangles from the center coordinates.
Copy/paste the values to the command line or save them in a text file to read in with the command line menu.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

Charles Watson
Hello Armin

Thanks for what looks to be a very useful link. I will try and have a look, and understand, over the weekend.

Cheers.
Reply | Threaded
|

flywire
In reply to this post by LordOfBikes
https://dokuwiki.librecad.org/doku.php/usage:tutorials#advanced puts this in the python context to write the dxf or excel files.