classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Wrong LibreCad Version Opened

flywire
This post was updated on .
The current release is V2.2.0.2 and the GitHub Pre-release is Version 2.2.0.1. That's not very logical.

How about changing the version to the next minor version after a release, perhaps adding Pre-release? Nothing would stop it from being changed again prior to a release. This could apply to the documentation too to save revising draft messages all over the place.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Version Number

LordOfBikes
Administrator
The version is taken from git tags and generated with git describe when qmake is run.
Then it is used in librecad/src/main/qc_applicationwindow.cpp at compile time.

The current default label, if there is no git on the build system, is 2.2.0-undef.
The latest tag in the code repository is 2.2.1-alpha, what you can see in the continuous build assets.

So, when your own build shows 2.2.0.1 you probably have git installed, but there are various reasons for a wrong version label.

To get the correct label, the first step is to git pull with --tags option to pull the tags from github.
Then all the makefiles need to be updated with qmake.
Finally a clean build to ensure that qc_applicationwindow.cpp is build new.
E.g. by
make clean
make
Probably it's enough to touch qc_applicationwindow.cpp to force make to build it, but a clean build from time to time doesn't hurt.
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

flywire
This post was updated on .
To be clear, I'm referring to https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/releases Pre-releases not building it myself.

This is the version I downloaded today (since gone):

Version: 2.2.0.1
Compiler: GNU GCC 13.1.0
Compiled on: Jul  8 2023
Qt Version: 5.12.11
Boost Version: 1.75.0
System: Windows 10 (10.0)

Edit: This is the version I ran but not the version I downloaded. See below.
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Ah, the date in Compiled on was the missing info leading to my first answer.

The info: Version 2.2.0.1, Compiled on Jul 8 2023 matches with the bugfix release here:
https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/releases/tag/2.2.0.1

The latest Continuous Build is this:
https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/releases/tag/latest
And it should show: Version 2.2.1_alpha-259-g678e9d70, Compiled on Sep 28 2023

The git tag used in the application should be the same as used for naming the releases.
This is all automated in building and packaging with GitHub actions.
I just checked the AppImage and it shows correctly: Version 2.2.1_alpha-259-g678e9d70, Compiled on Sep 28 2023

Well, then you have to check if you fired up the correct version.
Probably you have both versions installed and the start menu link directs to 2.2.0.1.
How did you start LibreCAD?
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

flywire
Thank you very much, you are right, the version number is clear.

My taskbar shortcut has been launching C:\Program Files (x86)\LibreCAD\LibreCAD.exe.

Version: 2.2.0.1
Compiler: GNU GCC 13.1.0
Compiled on: Jul  8 2023
Qt Version: 5.12.11
System: Windows 10 (10.0)

It should have launched:

C:\Program Files\LibreCAD\LibreCAD.exe

Version: 2.2.1_alpha-295-g678e9d70
Compiler: GNU GCC 13.2.0
Compiled on: Sep 28 2023
Qt Version: 5.15.2
System: Windows 10 Version 2009

I don't know how I installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\ since both installations default to C:\Program Files\. The issue is fixed now and I'll have to review my bug posts.
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
The 2.2.0 releases are 32-bit applications, so the default location is Program Files (x86).
The newer 2.2.1_alpha builds are 64-bit for a while now and thus default to Program Files.
Maybe that Windows hide this like it localizes the Users folder on non English systems.
You can't trust system folder names on Windows.