classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

commercial use of LibreCAD

michalis
Hello,

I would like to ask if I can use LibreCAD in the company that I am working in order to produce some drawings.
I have read the terms of LGPL license but I have also seen information about redistribution of code and information that concern developers.
My question is just about the use of LibreCAD software.

Thank you, Michael.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: commercial use of LibreCAD

R. van Twisk
Administrator

> On Oct 5, 2015, at 7:22 PM, michalis [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I would like to ask if I can use LibreCAD in the company that I am working in order to produce some drawings.
> I have read the terms of LGPL license but I have also seen information about redistribution of code and information that concern developers.
> My question is just about the use of LibreCAD software.
>
> Thank you, Michael.
>

Michael,

commercial use to create drawing's for LibreCAD is perfectly allowed, no restrictions.

What is not allowed according to GPL is (in short): modifying and give away/selling the LibreCAD
source to your customers *without* allowing your customer's to read the source code.

What you can do if you want is take the LibreCAD source, modify it and use the modified version internally in the company
and you don't have to give us your modifications, although that would be nice because we work hard for it :)

Hopefully that clarifies!

Ries
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: commercial use of LibreCAD

michalis
Ries, your response was clear and immediate!

Thank you very much, Michael

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 8:29 PM, R. van Twisk [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Oct 5, 2015, at 7:22 PM, michalis [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I would like to ask if I can use LibreCAD in the company that I am working in order to produce some drawings.
> I have read the terms of LGPL license but I have also seen information about redistribution of code and information that concern developers.
> My question is just about the use of LibreCAD software.
>
> Thank you, Michael.
>
Michael,

commercial use to create drawing's for LibreCAD is perfectly allowed, no restrictions.

What is not allowed according to GPL is (in short): modifying and give away/selling the LibreCAD
source to your customers *without* allowing your customer's to read the source code.

What you can do if you want is take the LibreCAD source, modify it and use the modified version internally in the company
and you don't have to give us your modifications, although that would be nice because we work hard for it :)

Hopefully that clarifies!

Ries

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/commercial-use-of-LibreCAD-tp5712357p5712358.html
To unsubscribe from commercial use of LibreCAD, click here.
NAML