7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

About LibreCAD and QT SDK on Windows computers

ClaudeQC

Hello all,

- I am planning to built LibreCAD from source on Windows XP computers, but
  I am unable to install QT SDK on Windows XP computer.

- I know that it is a little bit out of topic, but maybe some developers
  can give me some clue !?

- I downloaded the QT SDK offline installer for Windows.
  When I start the installer, it take several hours to install; and
  finally pop up an error message.
  I tried to install it on 2 different Windows XP computer, and the result
  is the same as described above.

- Is it possible that the QT SDK offline installer is not the way to
  go to install QT SDK.  That I have to use the online installer !?

- Any comment will be appreciated.

Regards,

Claude

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: About LibreCAD and QT SDK on Windows computers

baslin
What were the error messages that you received?

I am a first-time compiler. I downloaded the offline QT-SDK and installed to winXP (SP3) without incident last week, though it took a very long time.

I was able to compile LibreCAD the first time. There were lots of error messages, but it worked.

Reply | Threaded
|

R. van Twisk
Administrator

On Jul 18, 2011, at 4:47 PM, baslin [via LibreCAD] wrote:

I am a first-time compiler. I downloaded the offline QT-SDK and installed to winXP (SP3) without incident last week, though it took a very long time.

I was able to compile LibreCAD the first time. There were lots of error messages, but it worked.

This 'error's are properly warnings and are not serious.
Honestly, they shouldn't be there but QCad is old code (2003, 8 years!!!) we are cleaning up code
whenever we touch functions, it's not high priority though to get rid of the warnings.

Ries

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/About-LibreCAD-and-QT-SDK-on-Windows-computers-tp4596860p4605716.html
To start a new topic under LibreCAD, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from LibreCAD, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

ClaudeQC
In reply to this post by baslin
baslin wrote

Hello Baslin,

- Attached an image of the first "Installer Error" that pop up when trying
  to install using the Qt SDK Offline installer.

- I tried another time using the Qt SDK Online installer and the install
  process was faster, but the errors remains.
  I clicked on "Ignore" button every time an error pop up, and finally
  Qt SDK was installed.
  But I suspect that it is not functional  :-(

- I will do some tests on Qt SDK later.

Claude

Qt SDK install first error
Reply | Threaded
|

ClaudeQC

- I have done some test, building LibreCAD using Qt SDK on Windows XP.
  Here is the results:

- As I suspected, some Qt SDK components fails to install
          on Windows XP (Professional).

- However, it is possible to built LibreCAD using Qt SDK.
          but it is not a one shot.
          On first time built (Rebuilt All), built fail.
          On others built (Built All), built is successful.

- Below, the errors displayed when doing a "Rebuilt All":

+++

C:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\bin\uic3.exe -embed LibreCAD -f intermediate/ui/images.tmp -o intermediate\ui\qmake_image_collection.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -Wall -frtti -fexceptions -mthreads -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQC_APPKEY="/LibreCAD" -DQC_APPNAME="LibreCAD" -DQC_COMPANYNAME="LibreCAD" -DQC_COMPANYKEY="LibreCAD" -DQC_VERSION="1.0.0rc1" -DQC_DELAYED_SPLASH_SCREEN=1 -DQC_SCMREVISION="" -DQC_APPDIR="LibreCAD" -DQINITIMAGES_LIBRECAD=qInitImages_LibreCAD -DQT_DLL -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_QT3SUPPORT_LIB -DQT3_SUPPORT -DQT_SQL_LIB -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_HAVE_MMX -DQT_HAVE_3DNOW -DQT_HAVE_SSE -DQT_HAVE_MMXEXT -DQT_HAVE_SSE2 -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_NEEDS_QMAIN -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\include\QtCore" -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\include\QtGui" -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\include\QtXml" -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\include\QtSql" -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\include\Qt3Support" -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\include" -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\include\QtHelp" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\dxflib\src" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\fparser" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\src\cmd" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\src\lib\actions" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\src\lib\creation" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\src\lib\debug" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\src\lib\engine" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\src\lib\fileio" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\src\lib\filters" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\src\lib\gui" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\src\lib\information" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\src\lib\math" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\src\lib\modification" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\src\lib\scripting" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\src\actions" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\src\main" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\src\plugins" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\src\ui" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\src\ui\forms" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\res" -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\include\ActiveQt" -I"intermediate\moc" -I"intermediate\ui" -I"." -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\mkspecs\win32-g++" -o intermediate\obj\qmake_image_collection.o intermediate\ui\qmake_image_collection.cpp
Error: Could not find rules file: q3porting.xml
uic: cannot load image file ..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\res\main\librecad16.png
windres -i ..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\res\main\librecad.rc -o intermediate\obj\librecad_res.o --include-dir=./../librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified/res/main -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQC_APPKEY="/LibreCAD" -DQC_APPNAME="LibreCAD" -DQC_COMPANYNAME="LibreCAD" -DQC_COMPANYKEY="LibreCAD" -DQC_VERSION="1.0.0rc1" -DQC_DELAYED_SPLASH_SCREEN=1 -DQC_SCMREVISION="" -DQC_APPDIR="LibreCAD" -DQINITIMAGES_LIBRECAD=qInitImages_LibreCAD -DQT_DLL -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_QT3SUPPORT_LIB -DQT3_SUPPORT -DQT_SQL_LIB -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_HAVE_MMX -DQT_HAVE_3DNOW -DQT_HAVE_SSE -DQT_HAVE_MMXEXT -DQT_HAVE_SSE2 -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_NEEDS_QMAIN
g++ -enable-stdcall-fixup -Wl,-enable-auto-import -Wl,-enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc -Wl,-s -mthreads -Wl -Wl,-subsystem,windows -o release\LibreCAD.exe object_script.LibreCAD.Release  -L"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\lib" -lmingw32 -lqtmain intermediate\obj\librecad_res.o -lQtHelp4 -lQt3Support4 -lQtSql4 -lQtXml4 -lQtGui4 -lQtCore4 -LC:\OpenSSL-Win32_full\lib
scripts\postprocess-win.bat
mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/cygwin/home/claude/work/software/pc/librecad/librecad-build-desktop'
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, scripts\postprocess-win.bat, ...) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
mingw32-make[1]: *** [release\LibreCAD.exe] Error 2
mingw32-make: *** [release] Error 2
The process "C:\QtSDK\mingw\bin\mingw32-make.exe" exited with code 2.
Error while building project librecad (target: Desktop)
When executing build step 'Make'

+++

Claude

Reply | Threaded
|

R. van Twisk
Administrator
Claude,

you need to turn of shadow build.

Shadow build is not yet supported, this is why the respected script (scripts\postprocess-win.bat) cannot be found.

Ries

On Jul 19, 2011, at 11:41 AM, ClaudeQC [via LibreCAD] wrote:

- I have done some test, building LibreCAD using Qt SDK on Windows XP.
  Here is the results:

- As I suspected, some Qt SDK components fails to install
          on Windows XP (Professional).

- However, it is possible to built LibreCAD using Qt SDK.
          but it is not a one shot.
          On first time built (Rebuilt All), built fail.
          On others built (Built All), built is successful.

- Below, the errors displayed when doing a "Rebuilt All":

+++

C:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\bin\uic3.exe -embed LibreCAD -f intermediate/ui/images.tmp -o intermediate\ui\qmake_image_collection.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -Wall -frtti -fexceptions -mthreads -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQC_APPKEY="/LibreCAD" -DQC_APPNAME="LibreCAD" -DQC_COMPANYNAME="LibreCAD" -DQC_COMPANYKEY="LibreCAD" -DQC_VERSION="1.0.0rc1" -DQC_DELAYED_SPLASH_SCREEN=1 -DQC_SCMREVISION="" -DQC_APPDIR="LibreCAD" -DQINITIMAGES_LIBRECAD=qInitImages_LibreCAD -DQT_DLL -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_QT3SUPPORT_LIB -DQT3_SUPPORT -DQT_SQL_LIB -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_HAVE_MMX -DQT_HAVE_3DNOW -DQT_HAVE_SSE -DQT_HAVE_MMXEXT -DQT_HAVE_SSE2 -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_NEEDS_QMAIN -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\include\QtCore" -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\include\QtGui" -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\include\QtXml" -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\include\QtSql" -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\include\Qt3Support" -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\include" -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\include\QtHelp" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\dxflib\src" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\fparser" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\src\cmd" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\src\lib\actions" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\src\lib\creation" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\src\lib\debug" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\src\lib\engine" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\src\lib\fileio" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\src\lib\filters" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\src\lib\gui" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\src\lib\information" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\src\lib\math" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\src\lib\modification" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\src\lib\scripting" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\src\actions" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\src\main" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\src\plugins" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\src\ui" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\src\ui\forms" -I"..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\res" -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\include\ActiveQt" -I"intermediate\moc" -I"intermediate\ui" -I"." -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\mkspecs\win32-g++" -o intermediate\obj\qmake_image_collection.o intermediate\ui\qmake_image_collection.cpp
uic: cannot load image file ..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\res\main\librecad16.png
windres -i ..\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\res\main\librecad.rc -o intermediate\obj\librecad_res.o --include-dir=./../librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified/res/main -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQC_APPKEY="/LibreCAD" -DQC_APPNAME="LibreCAD" -DQC_COMPANYNAME="LibreCAD" -DQC_COMPANYKEY="LibreCAD" -DQC_VERSION="1.0.0rc1" -DQC_DELAYED_SPLASH_SCREEN=1 -DQC_SCMREVISION="" -DQC_APPDIR="LibreCAD" -DQINITIMAGES_LIBRECAD=qInitImages_LibreCAD -DQT_DLL -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_QT3SUPPORT_LIB -DQT3_SUPPORT -DQT_SQL_LIB -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_HAVE_MMX -DQT_HAVE_3DNOW -DQT_HAVE_SSE -DQT_HAVE_MMXEXT -DQT_HAVE_SSE2 -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_NEEDS_QMAIN
g++ -enable-stdcall-fixup -Wl,-enable-auto-import -Wl,-enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc -Wl,-s -mthreads -Wl -Wl,-subsystem,windows -o release\LibreCAD.exe object_script.LibreCAD.Release  -L"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\lib" -lmingw32 -lqtmain intermediate\obj\librecad_res.o -lQtHelp4 -lQt3Support4 -lQtSql4 -lQtXml4 -lQtGui4 -lQtCore4 -LC:\OpenSSL-Win32_full\lib
mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/cygwin/home/claude/work/software/pc/librecad/librecad-build-desktop'
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, scripts\postprocess-win.bat, ...) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
mingw32-make[1]: *** [release\LibreCAD.exe] Error 2

+++

Claude

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/About-LibreCAD-and-QT-SDK-on-Windows-computers-tp4596860p4612908.html
To start a new topic under LibreCAD, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from LibreCAD, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

ClaudeQC

>
> you need to turn of shadow build.
>
> Shadow build is not yet supported, this is why the respected script
> (scripts\postprocess-win.bat) cannot be found.
>

- Thank you Ries,

- I turned shadow build off.
  But, seems that there is other things going wrong...

- Below the messages displayed in Qt Creator Compile Output.

- The process of testing/debugging this problem is really lengthy, since
  it happen only when doing a "Rebuilt All" :-(

- I will continue to track down this problem, but will not have as
  much time as before since I return to work tomorrow (was in holiday).
  This explain this flood of bugs and patches in the LibreCAD
  tracker ;-)
  And I put another little bug report into it today ;-)

Claude

+++

g++ -c -O2 -Wall -frtti -fexceptions -mthreads -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQC_APPKEY="/LibreCAD" -DQC_APPNAME="LibreCAD" -DQC_COMPANYNAME="LibreCAD" -DQC_COMPANYKEY="LibreCAD" -DQC_VERSION="1.0.0rc1" -DQC_DELAYED_SPLASH_SCREEN=1 -DQC_SCMREVISION="" -DQC_APPDIR="LibreCAD" -DQINITIMAGES_LIBRECAD=qInitImages_LibreCAD -DQT_DLL -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_QT3SUPPORT_LIB -DQT3_SUPPORT -DQT_SQL_LIB -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_HAVE_MMX -DQT_HAVE_3DNOW -DQT_HAVE_SSE -DQT_HAVE_MMXEXT -DQT_HAVE_SSE2 -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_NEEDS_QMAIN -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\include\QtCore" -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\include\QtGui" -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\include\QtXml" -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\include\QtSql" -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\include\Qt3Support" -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\include" -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\include\QtHelp" -I"dxflib\src" -I"fparser" -I"src\cmd" -I"src\lib\actions" -I"src\lib\creation" -I"src\lib\debug" -I"src\lib\engine" -I"src\lib\fileio" -I"src\lib\filters" -I"src\lib\gui" -I"src\lib\information" -I"src\lib\math" -I"src\lib\modification" -I"src\lib\scripting" -I"src\actions" -I"src\main" -I"src\plugins" -I"src\ui" -I"src\ui\forms" -I"res" -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\include\ActiveQt" -I"intermediate\moc" -I"intermediate\ui" -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\mkspecs\win32-g++" -o intermediate\obj\qmake_image_collection.o intermediate\ui\qmake_image_collection.cpp
uic: cannot load image file res\main\librecad16.png
windres -i res\main\librecad.rc -o intermediate\obj\librecad_res.o --include-dir=./res/main -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQC_APPKEY="/LibreCAD" -DQC_APPNAME="LibreCAD" -DQC_COMPANYNAME="LibreCAD" -DQC_COMPANYKEY="LibreCAD" -DQC_VERSION="1.0.0rc1" -DQC_DELAYED_SPLASH_SCREEN=1 -DQC_SCMREVISION="" -DQC_APPDIR="LibreCAD" -DQINITIMAGES_LIBRECAD=qInitImages_LibreCAD -DQT_DLL -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_QT3SUPPORT_LIB -DQT3_SUPPORT -DQT_SQL_LIB -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_HAVE_MMX -DQT_HAVE_3DNOW -DQT_HAVE_SSE -DQT_HAVE_MMXEXT -DQT_HAVE_SSE2 -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_NEEDS_QMAIN
mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/cygwin/home/claude/work/software/pc/librecad/librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified'
process_begin: CreateProcess(C:\cygwin\home\claude\work\software\pc\librecad\librecad-git-2011-07-16_modified\scripts\postprocess-win.bat, scripts\postprocess-win.bat, ...) failed.
make (e=5): Access is denied.
mingw32-make[1]: *** [release\LibreCAD.exe] Error 5

+++