classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Adding a font

Kate Romney
Hi,

I'm a new user and we are using Libre Cad to draw technical drawings of fasteners to put on data sheets.

We would like to change the font, if possible. We've using Standard, which looks a bit thin and odd. I would like to import something like Arial. Could someone please tell me if it's possible and how I might go about it?

Many thanks

Kate Romney
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Adding a font

dellus
LibreCAD cannot use ttf fonts, like Arial is, unfortunately. Something I miss very much myself.
There is a tool, ttf2lff, which converts a ttf font to LibreCAD's lff format. But it produces outline shapes only, not filled as you would expect. So it's not really a solution. And I have not been able to get it to work recently. I remember to have had success some years ago, but I don't remember what I have done differently then.
If you would like to try it with an Arial outline font maybe some else can help you.
You also might experiment with thicker linewidths in standard font.
Reply | Threaded
|

Kate Romney
Hi Dellus,

Thank you very much for getting back to me. I think that's what we will do.

So, we would like to keep the thickness of the dimension line to 0.13 and increase the thickness of the type to 0.25. Is the best way to put a full stop in the label box and then create the dimension amount separately and place it next to the dimension and cover up the dot? Or is there a better way?

Best wishes Kate
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Yes, to put a full stop in the label box and place a manually created dimension text above it is a good idea for a work around.
Alternatively you can try one of the provided outline fonts. I have found romand to be a satisfying substitute. When printed the narrow outlines look like a thicker single line. It all depends on text size and scale, though.

Reply | Threaded
|

oldarchitect
In reply to this post by dellus
Hello Dellus. Thank you for all your effort on LibreCAD; it is superb software.  I'm an Architect, teach high school kids drafting,  and have used ver 2.1.3 for a number of years. Where can I find the ttf2lff converter utility for Linux/ Ubuntu. I have found the Windows version ( .exe and dll drivers files ) but not the Linux version. I understand it is packaged with the new 2.2.0 version of LibreCAD but unfortunately at this time I cannot upgrade - so I need just the ttf2lff utility - either compiled for 64 bit system or source code.  Alternatively, do you know of any font creating  software which output the lff format unique to LibreCAD. How were the OEM fonts in 2.1.3 or 2.2.0 created in the first place?

One option I have considered is using Wine to try to run ttf2lff (WINDOWS ) on Ubuntu.
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Concerning ttf2lff see https://forum.librecad.org/Font-Roboto-in-LibreCAD-tp5723727p5723731.html
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution