Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Angular Dimensioning

arloG
I am having a problem with angular dimensioning not working as I expect.  As a test, I drew a line from 0,0 to 2,0 to 2,1 back to 0,0.  I used Dimension, Angular to measure the angle from the horizontal line to the hypotenuse.  I get 26.57 degrees instead of the expected 30 degrees

I had a similar problem with some other angles in my drawing so I thought maybe I was misapplying the angular dimensioning but I found that there were angles that worked exactly as I expected.  60 degrees, for example.

I'm using Mint 17 and SCM Revision: 2.0.2  Compiler: GNU GCC 4.8.2  Qt Version: 4.8.6  Compiled on: Jan 29 2014
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Angular Dimensioning

dxli

arloG wrote
I am having a problem with angular dimensioning not working as I expect.  As a test, I drew a line from 0,0 to 2,0 to 2,1 back to 0,0.  I used Dimension, Angular to measure the angle from the horizontal line to the hypotenuse.  I get 26.57 degrees instead of the expected 30 degrees

I had a similar problem with some other angles in my drawing so I thought maybe I was misapplying the angular dimensioning but I found that there were angles that worked exactly as I expected.  60 degrees, for example.

I'm using Mint 17 and SCM Revision: 2.0.2  Compiler: GNU GCC 4.8.2  Qt Version: 4.8.6  Compiled on: Jan 29 2014
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Angular Dimensioning

arloG
Thank you for the quick response.  I see now that I confused my triangle's legs.