classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Arc in circle.

bjenkins3891
Hello all,

I am trying to learn LibreCAD by using AutoCAD tutorials (wacky, I know). One of the first exercises wants you put a quarter circle within a square using the arc function. I figured how to achieve this using the circle function and then trimming away the unwanted section of the circle. But, I was wondering how to do it with the arc function (if possible). When I follow the instructions from the tutorial I end up with a three-quarter circle AROUND the square, not inside the square. Where am I going wrong?

Here is the link for the tutorial I am following:

https://www.mycadsite.com/tutorials/level_1/introduction-to-drawing-in-AutoCAD-tutorial-1-2.htm

Any help is much appreciated!
Thanks!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Arc in circle.

Gary S
It makes a difference with the direction the arc is drawn from the start to end points. The arc is drawn counter/anti-clockwise.  If you are drawing an arc in a square from the lower right corner to the upper left, after specifying the centre and radius, place the first point at the lower right and second point to the upper left.

BTW, I'm using 2.2.0 alpha and there is an indicator (partial arc) showing the direction the arc will take.