Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Block Creation Error

DaveEdwards
If I Remove a Block and then try to create one of the same name, I'm getting an error that states that a Block of that name already exists. Am I missing something, such as a Purge function?

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Block Creation Error

dxli
The current undo/redo keeps the block names of deleted.

One workaround is to close the file after deletion and reopen it to release undo/redo info.
DaveEdwards wrote
If I Remove a Block and then try to create one of the same name, I'm getting an error that states that a Block of that name already exists. Am I missing something, such as a Purge function?

Reply | Threaded
|

DaveEdwards
Thanks - odd bug.
Reply | Threaded
|

VA1DER
In reply to this post by dxli
I ran into this bug also.  In addition, if I delete the sole object in a block and save the file, when I import it into my CNC cutter, the object still exists until and unless I delete the block it used to belong to.

If I delete the object in a block, should it not delete the block too?

EDIT:  There seems to be a bunch of glitches surrounding blocks.  If I cut objects in blocks and paste them back, it pastes them as new block names (adding a -0 at the end).  If I undo the paste and also undo the cut, the duplicated block names remain.  If I cut and paste block objects they don't import into my cutter software any more.  That may be a bug in the cutter software, but it at least indicates that something besides just the position is changing in the save file.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rahooty
In reply to this post by dxli
When deleting a block it warns it cannot be undone?

Also after adding a block to your drawings and when exploding a block how do you regroup it?