Can I add varying text to various instances of the same block?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Can I add varying text to various instances of the same block?

Seldom
Does LibreCad support adding different text to various instances of the same block?  Architects often need to associate numbers with doors sequentially so they can be incorporated in a door schedule.  I'd also like to number electrical circuits on an outlet drawing.  With 60 or so outlets and 15 or 20 doors on the same floor plan, creating separate blocks doesn't make sense.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Can I add varying text to various instances of the same block?

dellus
Not sure what you want. You can write anything under an inserted block in a drawing. But you can't automate a numbering to a text included in the block counting with every new insertion.
You could include a text in the block, explode the block after insertion and then modify the text.
Reply | Threaded
|

Seldom
This post was updated on .
Since 1990, AutoCad has supported block creation which permits inclusion of edited text (called attributes) as part of the object data.  Say I have a door block.  I have doors numbered 1 through 20 as attributes in the doorblock.  If I move door 3 from one location to another, the text moves with the block.  If I delete door 3 the block and it's data are both deleted, so my door set goes 1,2,4,...20.  AutoCad attribute data can also be extracted to create schedules that reflect the objects on the drawing.

Exploding the block dissociates the drawn object from the text object so it makes schedule and drawing maintenance much more error prone.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
I have looked it up in an old AutoCAD 12.0 booklet.
No, sorry, LibreCAD does not support block attributes, at least as far as I know.
Reply | Threaded
|

Seldom
Thanks for looking dellus.  AutoCad 12.0 was a great version.  I wrote a lot of AutoLisp using it.