Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Can't end the Same Properties command

mesteptoe
I have a dashed line and I want to make several other lines dashed in the same way. I have selected Same Properties from the Plugins toolbar. I am asked to select the original line which I did. I am then asked to select entities to change, which I have done. But how do I finish the command? I pressed the right mouse button and the programme just shut down.

Having used A..C.. a bit I am used to pressing the Enter Key to end a command.

Thanks for your help.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Can't end the Same Properties command

dellus
After selecting the entities to change, you have to press the Enter Key to close the selection. Then the lines' properties will be changed. But it is not visible, as the selected lines, including the original line, stay highlighted. This can be considered a bug. You have to press Escape to end highlighting.
Just found out by experimenting.
I don't know why your program just shut down, didn't happen to me.
Reply | Threaded
|

mesteptoe
Tried that but all it did was convert all the lines, including the original dashed line, back to bylayer and hence all to solid lines. This would be such a useful tool if it worked. I am surprised other comments haven't been received about this and a solution worked out.
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
I'm not sure about the intention of this plugin, I never used it.

If you just want to change line styles, use Modify -> Attributes instead.
It can also change a bunch of selected entities.

Or use separate layers, one for solid and one for dashed lines.
That's the intention behind BYLAYER attribute, because you can then control line styles by layer settings.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
In reply to this post by mesteptoe
I can't reproduce the behaviour you describe. The tool works for me, except the issue of the highlighting not ending after properties have been changed. Maybe you just don't get the procedure right.
Maybe the drawing is borked. Is it very large or complicated? Does it come from a different source? You could try with a fresh simple drawing with the procedure I have explained. What is your LibreCAD version and OS? There have been cases bugs have been in certain Linux packages.
If nothing helps it might be best to follow Armin's advice and use Modify - Attributes. The intention of the Same Properties plugin is to simplify to specify the desired properties by just saying "like that other entity". This feature can be found in other cad packages too.  
Reply | Threaded
|

perepujal
Reproduced in 2.1.3, also the crash.

It performs fine as Dellus describe in a self compiled git, so I supose 2.2 will go fine.

HTH
Pere
Reply | Threaded
|

mesteptoe
In reply to this post by dellus
I have the latest version of Librecad and it's running on Windows 10. I am used to using the Match Properties command of AC. I have tried all ways to get the Same Properties Plugin to work but to no avail. However the Modify Attributes does the job so that's okay. Shame that Same Properties doesn't work.
Reply | Threaded
|

chrisHaseDeveloper
Text - I am having several texts in a drawing.
Changing/modifying the line width of the text works in the described way (ending 'same properties' with ENTER and then releasing the selection-highlighting with ESC),
but it does not apply the new 'text height' (= text size) of the font to the other text entities.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
The plugin 'Same properties' only refers to the pen properties colour, line width, and continuous/dashed/dotted/etc.
It does not cover the properties as in the Modify - Properties command.