Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Center, Point, Angles Tool using cord?

mreynolds
When using the Center, Point, Angles tool you get the prompt "Specify end angle or [angle/cord length]". The "Specify end angle..." part of the prompt is fairly understandable and documented, but I haven't been able to find any documentation on the "... or [angle/cord length]" part of the prompt. Are you able to enter an arc length or cord length to define the arc? If so, how do you enter the data? I have tried "##/##" and it works, but it gives me unexpected output and I don't understand what the application is doing. I have also tried "[##/##]" and I get an "unknown command:" error.

Thanks in advance!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Center, Point, Angles Tool using cord?

dellus
I haven't found out either how to do it. I think the feature is incomplete in the code and the developer might have left "or [angle/cord length]" in the prompt as a reminder that something remains to be done.
I have opened an issue at github, with the proposal to either fix it or remove the according text part.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Center, Point, Angles Tool using cord?

mreynolds
Thanks @dellus. It would be a nice feature to be able to create arcs using the length of the arc or the cord, but understandable it's not a high priority.