classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Circle Trim problem

Bebbspoke
Circle_Trim_problem.dxf
Dear Peoples; - I've spent way too long with this problem! - I've perused your forum and trolled thru numerous web links & YouTube vids...
Please can someone respond with (idiot proof) instruction as to how I may resolve; -
The attached file is a floorplan.
The green circle to be "trimmed" so as to describe the arc of an inward opening door,
the two green radii representing door closed (horizontal) & open (obtuse).
The blue line is solely a "construction" in my efforts to effect resolution...

So please; - how does one TRIM the lower & larger ARC to the orthogonal walls?

Sincere thanks in advance,
Bebbspoke (aka John)

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Circle Trim problem

dellus
This post was updated on .
Working on a circle with the trim command can be confusing, and not working in the way we wish. At certain constellations it might work, at others it doesn't. A circle has a running direction, from 0 degrees (right quadrant) counterclockwise.
It's generally easier to cut it up with Divide at the desired points and delete the unwanted part.
Or draw the arc from the onset with Curve - Center, Point, Angles.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Circle Trim problem

Bebbspoke
Dellus; - my sincere thanks for your effective solution. I feel that a "warning" wrt Circle trim operations should be in the Manual as such would have saved considerable time & frustration!
Thanks again, John

On Wed, 17 Jun 2020, at 01:13, dellus [via LibreCAD] wrote:
Working on a circle with the trim command can be confusing, and not working in the way we wish. At certain constellations it might work, at others it doesn't. A circle has a running direction, from 0 degrees (left quadrant) counterclockwise.
It's generally easier to cut it up with Divide at the desired points and delete the unwanted part.
Or draw the arc from the onset with Curve - Center, Point, Angles.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
To unsubscribe from Circle Trim problem, click here.

-- 
  John Bebb