Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Circles

Bohicaman
I am drawing a 2.75" round plate with 2.0" bolt circle having 10 .5" holes. All 10 holes drew perfectly to size. When I attempt to draw a 0.625 hole in the center of the plate via "center,point" and placing 0.625 on the Command Line, LibreCAD only draws a 0.125 circle. ??? Can someone please point me to the area to correct this. I am assuming it is in my "configuration" somewhere. Thank you! FrontBarrelPlate.dxf
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Circles

fa201
I guess you confuse radius and diameter. The icon Center/point shows the center and a point on the circle. So the distance between these 2 points is a radius.
Fabrice

French hobbyist interested in 2D design.
Reply | Threaded
|

Bohicaman
Thanks! I appreciate the fast response!
I understand the radius/diameter thing. I used .3125 as the radius. However, LibreCAD still made the circle with a total diameter of only .125.

I drew a line from the center out .3125 and then just dragged a circle out to the end of the line and got my .625 diameter circle. When I tried it again using the circle command and the .3125 radius, I again got a circle of only .125 diameter. No idea what the problem is!!
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
I assume your circle is not on the Y axis. So for the radius you must enter a relative coordinate for the point on the circle.
When the center is set, enter @.3125,0 or @0,.3125 or @.3125<45.
The last one means move .3125 relative to the center at an angle of 45° and this would work with any angle for a circle.
You can even enter formulas for coordinates, e.g. use the diameter and avoid to miscalculate the radius @.625/2<45

Another option is to use the Circle/Radius tool. With this tool you have to enter the radius in the appearing field of the tool option bar (above the drawing area).
Even there you can enter .625/2 for the radius.
This tool is handy when you have to draw many circles with same radius.
Reply | Threaded
|

Bohicaman
Thanks! I'll try those methods again. Maybe I did something wrong the last time.