Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Circles

Bohicaman
I am drawing a 2.75" round plate with 2.0" bolt circle having 10 .5" holes. All 10 holes drew perfectly to size. When I attempt to draw a 0.625 hole in the center of the plate via "center,point" and placing 0.625 on the Command Line, LibreCAD only draws a 0.125 circle. ??? Can someone please point me to the area to correct this. I am assuming it is in my "configuration" somewhere. Thank you! FrontBarrelPlate.dxf
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Circles

fa201
I guess you confuse radius and diameter. The icon Center/point shows the center and a point on the circle. So the distance between these 2 points is a radius.
Fabrice

French hobbyist interested in 2D design.
Reply | Threaded
|

Bohicaman
Thanks! I appreciate the fast response!
I understand the radius/diameter thing. I used .3125 as the radius. However, LibreCAD still made the circle with a total diameter of only .125.

I drew a line from the center out .3125 and then just dragged a circle out to the end of the line and got my .625 diameter circle. When I tried it again using the circle command and the .3125 radius, I again got a circle of only .125 diameter. No idea what the problem is!!
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
I assume your circle is not on the Y axis. So for the radius you must enter a relative coordinate for the point on the circle.
When the center is set, enter @.3125,0 or @0,.3125 or @.3125<45.
The last one means move .3125 relative to the center at an angle of 45° and this would work with any angle for a circle.
You can even enter formulas for coordinates, e.g. use the diameter and avoid to miscalculate the radius @.625/2<45

Another option is to use the Circle/Radius tool. With this tool you have to enter the radius in the appearing field of the tool option bar (above the drawing area).
Even there you can enter .625/2 for the radius.
This tool is handy when you have to draw many circles with same radius.
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

Bohicaman
Thanks! I'll try those methods again. Maybe I did something wrong the last time.