Copying circles that require precise placement.

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Copying circles that require precise placement.

laruetou2
Newbie here - just downloaded latest LibreCAD this morning and am somewhat impressed with it's capabilities and ease of use.

I'm laying out a trigger wheel for electronic ignition in preparation to get cut by a professional shop.  There will be two circular rows of 35 ferrous plugs and 1 non-ferrous plug installed into an aluminum plate - a plug ever 10* on each of the circular rows.  The aluminum plate will have a 7.125" vacant interior so the end result will be somewhat of a wafer or very thin donut.

Dimensions:
Outside diameter:  9.875"
Inside diameter:  7.125"
Radius of remaining part of plate:  1.375", from inside of plate to outside of plate
Center of large circles on the attached drawing:  5.1875",5.1875"
The 5* radials between 45* and 85* are just for engine timing between 10* marks - no plugs.
The circle centers that will accommodate the plugs are: bottom - 5.1875",9.0885"; top - 5.1875",9.7865"
   and both small circles have a diameter of .177" (radius of .0885")

My needs:  I'm looking for the best and simpliest way to reproduce the small circles that are laterally centered on the top verticle radial.  I need to copy those small circles onto the other 35 ten degree marks.  The center position of the small circles on the radials and the distance from the top or bottom large circles is crucial.

I thank everyone in advance,
Larry  
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Copying circles that require precise placement.

LordOfBikes
Administrator
You can add additional circles between the inner and outer ones, through the hole centers and use intersection snap to place the circles exactly.
Place them on a separate layer or delete them after all holes are placed.

Another option is Modify -> Rotate. Select both small circles and use Rotate, you can then select the rotation center and later in the appearing window the angle and number or repetitions to add.
With Rotate you don't even need the angle lines.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

laruetou2
Thanks me lord!  I took the Modify - rotate route.  It worked great.
Larry
Reply | Threaded
|

laruetou2
Trigger wheel drawing is complete and ready to be cut, with one possible exception:  the circular lines are cut lines and the radial lines are score lines, with about the same desired dept as the text.  Please see image below.  How does one distinguish between a cut line and a score line?

Wow, what a great drawing software LibreCAD is!  Extremely easy to use.

Thanks,
Larry

Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
I assume, this is something you should clarify with your manufacturer.

It is possible to use different line style, color or width. Or place them on a separate layer, e.g. with the text.
But usually the manufacturers have standards for this, which you should ask for.

When you use another system, this could be a source for processing errors and possibly extra costs.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution