Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Copying exploded dimensions bug

Sebby
Hi everyone, I'm super new to LibreCAD (started using it yesterday) and I've come across a bug, that I don't know a way around. I'll explain how it happens step by step:
So first I put aligned dimensions into my documet and explode them. Then I copy these dimensions. In the copy (not in the original though) the arrowheads of the dimensions get connected to the reference point I set for copying via a thick black line. This happens to all the arrowheads in my document and I can only remove these lines by deleting the whole arrowhead. I've attached some images to show you what I mean.
Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Copying exploded dimensions bug

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Welcome Sebby,

I never saw this issue, so can't say what's going on there.

But what I wonder is, why do you explode the dimensions and why do you copy them?
I never had the need for that, maybe your work flow is not as expected.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

Sebby
Hi Armin,

Thanks for your answer. I explode the dimensions because I want to make the extension lines dashed instead of continuous, and I don't know another way to do it (I couldn't find an option for that under 'Current drawing preferences -> dimensions'). And I want to copy them, because I made two drawings which I want to combine into one drawing now, as that is much more practical for my purpose.

If you know another way to do those things, I'd be happy to know.

Sebby
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Sebby,

concerning the copied dimensions, this is indeed an easy reproducible bug.
I've opened an issue at github: https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/issues/998
Thanks for reporting this.

For the dashed extension lines, there is no setting in LibreCAD. I don't know any standard which defines extension line as dashed lines and also no code in DXF definition I think. This would be the reason, that there is no option for it.

Your work flow is the only way for what you want, I have no other idea for this.
Is there a valuable reason for this non standard dimensions?

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
In reply to this post by Sebby
As a workaround you could set the extension line length to zero and draw them manually.
Or try with a tick instead of an arrow. These queer artifacts might come from the solid filling of the arrows. I haven't tested.
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
I've fixed this bug today. If you wanna give it a try, you can install the nightly build tomorrow.
You can find it on sourceforge later, I think around 7:00am UTC:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/librecad/files/Windows/NightlyBuilds/master/

Nightly builds are in release candidate state and as stable as 2.1.3 release.

Armin
Reply | Threaded
|

Sebby
I just downloaded the updated Version and it works like a charm, thank you so much Armin.

Also thank you for the workaround suggestions dellus.

Sebby
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Many thanks for your feedback!
I'm glad that it works now.

Armin