Contact me please
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Could a dev contact me pls

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Welcome Skype007!

Why do you not simply ask your question?
Trust in our community, you will surely get a qualified answer.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Re: Could a dev contact me pls

Skype007
Hi LordOfBikes,
Thanks for getting back at me, short story first, I got "LibreCad for Pronest" last year with our update of Pronest (nesting software for our plasma table), and I liked it and downloaded the free version, and it lacks a lot of the features , specially TRIM EXCCESS, and everything else LOL.

So I put the LibreCad folder in a Zip file to try it out at home, and all the features work. Would be cool if Pronest would gave their version to you guys. And their have kickass learning videos on the hypertherm website, I spend 8 hours watching and training on a slow day, I started with bare minimum 2d cad experience and now getting pretty good at it.

Just wondering if you have interest to have a look at the LibreCad for Pronest version to see if you can extract new features out of it.

Regards
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Re: Re: Could a dev contact me pls

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Many thanks Skype007!

We are aware of this version from Hypertherm and we already discussed about their new features a while ago.
When they started, we were in contact, but sadly their fork diverged too much over time.
They didn't take much care about OS independence and implemented the proprietary ProNest library.
I assume they had a budget and focused on internal requirements and not on community usability.
So it's not that easy to pull their changes back into the main repo.

investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution