Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Crashing

oldschoolcowboy
I have been using the app for a while. no problems. now today I am experiencing crashing.

I have a computer with plenty of power.

intel cpu 12th generation Z690
128 GB DDR4 ram
Nividia GeForce RTX 3090

Running PCLinuxOS fully updated.

Today I started getting a ghost like series of lines on the screen when I zoom in. Then it suddenly locks up.

I have no clue how to configure the GPU. I have no idea if I need to change something in LibreCAD.

Anyone have any suggestions what to check?

What else do you need to know?

Thanks for reading.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Crashing

oldschoolcowboy
The crashing seems to be gone. The main guy who maintains the distro I use updated LibreCAD to 2.2.0-rc4.

I hope describe what I am experiencing now so that people will know what I am talking about.

This loss of function seems to be in several tools.

I will talk about Trim and Line. They both do the same thing with this loss of function.

Line: I start the first point and then the second point. Then I would hit escape move to a different location and start a line again. That used to stop the line rubber banding but stay in the line command.

Now escape takes you out of the line command.

Trim used to let you pick a new line for after hitting escape. Now it also takes you out of the trim command.

Is this broken or is there a new way to do what I was doing before?

I hope someone understands what I wrote.

I have used a lot of CAD software for decades. LibreCAD is very similar to AutoCAD.

Overall this is very good CAD app.
Reply | Threaded
|

oldschoolcowboy
Playing around I found shift/escape. That does what escape used to do. That is an extra key stroke. Bad idea. The old way of double stroke escape was better.
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
This post was updated on .
There is an issue for the online manual about this topic (see issue #101).

I was not involved in this change and have to investigate about the intention for this change.
The right mouse button click, which works similar to ESC, wasn't changed obviously.

So for trimming or other mouse favored actions, it's no problem as right click works as expected.
Single click to select a new limiting entity or start a new line segment and right click twice to cancel the tool.

But for command line actions I agree about the extra key press, which was added by this change.
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution