jmj
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

"Cutting Lines " + Bug ?

jmj
Hi,

I try to define a cutting axe with an "A-A View" designed by 2 "A arrows"

To draw the A-A arrows I used "Measure - Aligned" and selected the same 2 points of the cutting axe as origine and end => Measure = 0, Edit it, replace "0" by A.
Result OK :

I save, close and re-open the document, then :
(occurs also while continuing to draw - better reproductible by save/close/open)

The arrow are not where defined/expected.
Trying to move them result in a time-out of LibreCad => Close

Questions
Am I doing something wrong ( Should I give a minimum thickness to my "measure" ( i.e. not null).
Is there a better way to achieve what I am trying to do? (draw two arrows with text = A)

Thanks

Best regards
JMJ

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: "Cutting Lines " + Bug ?

dellus
A very funny bug. I can confirm it. It seems only to happen with aligned dimensions. And it has nothing to do with replacing 0 by A. I can't explain it. Just don't do it. You can explode a dimension and then use, move and rotate the arrow as you like. Or build your own.
jmj
Reply | Threaded
|

jmj
Hi,

I did it with "Dimension- Horizontal" => Works fine. Strange
Thanks
Best regards
JMJ
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
In reply to this post by dellus
Concerning the bug see my response: https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/issues/1583#issuecomment-1367188548

Instead of exploding dimension, you can simply use a Leader (also in Dimensions menu) and place a MText near to it.
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution