Deselecting objects

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Deselecting objects

brwhite1
Hi,

I thought it might be nice hitting the escape button would deselect any objects that you have currently selected in a drawing.  It is kinda tedious having to go to the selection menu and click deselect everytime I screw up and select the wrong object (  I do this often :)  ).

Thanks! and keep up the great work.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Deselecting objects

R. van Twisk
Administrator
hey,

can you try hitting the escape twice quickly, this should de-select all objects.

Ries
On Aug 16, 2011, at 12:36 PM, brwhite1 [via LibreCAD] wrote:

Hi,

I thought it might be nice hitting the escape button would deselect any objects that you have currently selected in a drawing.  It is kinda tedious having to go to the selection menu and click deselect everytime I screw up and select the wrong object (  I do this often :)  ).

Thanks! and keep up the great work.


If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/Deselecting-objects-tp4705275p4705275.html
To start a new topic under LibreCAD, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from LibreCAD, click here.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Deselecting objects

brwhite1
Tried it...still no go.  Any other ideas? I'm running the linux installation on Xubuntu 10.10 if that's helpful to know.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Deselecting objects

R. van Twisk
Administrator
Can you report it as a bug?

THis is how it suppose to work..

Rallaz, if you read this, can you see what happens on Linux? On master?

Ries
On Aug 16, 2011, at 2:02 PM, brwhite1 [via LibreCAD] wrote:

Tried it...still no go.  Any other ideas? I'm running the linux installation on Xubuntu 10.10 if that's helpful to know.


If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/Deselecting-objects-tp4705275p4705466.html
To start a new topic under LibreCAD, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from LibreCAD, click here.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Deselecting objects

brwhite1
Reported it. Thanks!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Deselecting objects

Rallaz
This feature works. I think there since version 1.0.0RC1
Billy White:
For bugs  is very important to indicate the system and the LibreCAD version is used.
Your system is Xubuntu 10.10 but that LibreCAD version uses?
can be seen in menu "Help->About"

About selections:
When you click an object it is select, another click in the same object is deselect (not lost well selected objects)

Rallaz
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Deselecting objects

brwhite1
Sorry, its my first bug report and I wasn't really sure what info was needed.

My LibreCAD version info...

Version: 1.0.0beta5
SVN Revision:
Date: Feb 8 2011
(c) 2010 by R. van Twisk


Re-clicking most objects does deselect them, however when I have a large number of items selected I still run into this problem unless I individually click every line in the drawing.

Thanks for the help
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Deselecting objects

R. van Twisk
Administrator
I think the beta1 might not have that,

but the latest PPA will have that.


Ries


On Aug 18, 2011, at 12:08 PM, brwhite1 [via LibreCAD] wrote:

Sorry, its my first bug report and I wasn't really sure what info was needed.

My LibreCAD version info...

Version: 1.0.0beta5
SVN Revision:
Date: Feb 8 2011
(c) 2010 by R. van Twisk


Re-clicking most objects does deselect them, however when I have a large number of items selected I still run into this problem unless I individually click every line in the drawing.

Thanks for the help


If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/Deselecting-objects-tp4705275p4712747.html
To start a new topic under LibreCAD, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from LibreCAD, click here.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Deselecting objects

brwhite1
Got the latest PPA and it works fine now.  Thanks