Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Dimension Polygon Area

flywire
Is there a better way of dimensioning a polygon area than using the Info tool to get the Polygonal Area and then entering the value as text?

How about also using cows (ie 1.6m²) area units?

It would be nice if it automatically updated if the polygon changed, or the units changed to calves (ie 1.3m²).

Holding Yards    Forcing Yards
100 - 300 kg        1.3m²            0.6m²
300 - 500 kg        1.4m²            1.0m²
Over 500 kg         1.6m²            1.2m²
Cows & Calves       2.2m²            2.2m²
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Dimension Polygon Area

dxli
This post was updated on .
We have the methods to find polygon areas (simple, means no edge intersection/crossing).

For generic contours, we also have methods to get the their areas(limitation: closed contours, no self-intersection/edge crossing.) The contour may have complex topologies, meaning support for islands in lakes over islands.

With the available tools, we need to implement GUI support.

One idea is to add an area field to the hatch property dialog. However, the current design of LibreCAD-2 makes it difficult to automatically update a hatch (and its area) following edge changes.

flywire wrote
Is there a better way of dimensioning a polygon area than using the Info tool to get the Polygonal Area and then entering the value as text?

How about also using cows (ie 1.6m²) area units?

It would be nice if it automatically updated if the polygon changed, or the units changed to calves (ie 1.3m²).

Holding Yards    Forcing Yards
100 - 300 kg        1.3m²            0.6m²
300 - 500 kg        1.4m²            1.0m²
Over 500 kg         1.6m²            1.2m²
Cows & Calves       2.2m²            2.2m²
Reply | Threaded
|

flywire
Complex topologies are a real pain. I understand Hatch only works with a polygon on a single layer. I'd like the polygonal area bounded by the Panel and Gate layers.

Regarding implementation, it seems to fit in Dimension tools as a missing item from Info tools.

For manual entry, it would be good if information could be copied from the status bar.
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
The algorithm is in v2 now to analyze the topology. More extension could be:

1, allow selected edges being divided at intersections;
2, allow selecting  by clicking on an enclosed area.

flywire wrote
Complex topologies are a real pain. I understand Hatch only works with a polygon on a single layer. I'd like the polygonal area bounded by the Panel and Gate layers.

Regarding implementation, it seems to fit in Dimension tools as a missing item from Info tools.

For manual entry, it would be good if information could be copied from the status bar.