Dimension arrows missing

Glenwf
OSX Mavericks 10.9.5
ersion: master
SCM Revision: 2.0.5-1-g0aff191
Compiler: Clang 5.1.0
Qt Version: 4.8.6
Compiled on: Aug 15 2014

Newbie.  Wonderful program, but I'm having a problem with dimensions.  When I use them everything seems to work, but I don't get any letters, only a slash at the end of a line which I can change the size of in the properties.  But, can't find any arrows.  I do get arrows when using the leaders, so arrows do exist and I can see them there.

Am I missing something?  I've followed the manuals and you have done a wonderful job with those - I know because I've used several CADD programs decades off and on.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dimension arrows missing

dxli
looks like you enabled "Construction tick".

You can set arrow and tick sizes at main menu

Edit -> Current Drawing Preferences -> Dimensions

to use arrows, set tick size to 0, and a non-zero size for arrow
to use ticks, set arrow size to 0, and a non-zero size for tick

Also, verify your arrow sizes is large enough to be shown.

Glenwf wrote
OSX Mavericks 10.9.5
ersion: master
SCM Revision: 2.0.5-1-g0aff191
Compiler: Clang 5.1.0
Qt Version: 4.8.6
Compiled on: Aug 15 2014

Newbie.  Wonderful program, but I'm having a problem with dimensions.  When I use them everything seems to work, but I don't get any letters, only a slash at the end of a line which I can change the size of in the properties.  But, can't find any arrows.  I do get arrows when using the leaders, so arrows do exist and I can see them there.

Am I missing something?  I've followed the manuals and you have done a wonderful job with those - I know because I've used several CADD programs decades off and on.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glenwf
Works Great! Thanks.  Didn't know what a "Tick" was.
Reply | Threaded
|

achilliesdev
Glenwf,

Ticks are mainly used in architectural drawings arrows are used in mechanical drafting.

Here are my settings that seem to work ok, under Edit>Current Drawing Preferences>Dimensions

General Factor - 1
General Scale - 1
Text Height - 25
Extension line extension - 10
Extension  line offset - 10
Dimension line gap - 5
Arrow Size - 5 (This is the one you are looking for increase size to see better)
Tick Size - 5

A helpful hint: Create a new drawing set all the setting of the current drawing and then save it in your temple folder, change app preferences to use that drawing as your starting drawing when selecting a new drawing, this way you do not have to set up each drawing with your preferred settings.

When you have the will to always learn there is nothing that is impossible....The day you stop learning is the day you need to change your profession.